• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Maximum Effort

Brick

Ausbb peep's I have a question?

Does anyone else burst blood vessells (or capillaries??? I'm no Dr.) when using maximum exertion to get that last rep or PB.

Happens to me occassionally it looks like red freckles under my eyes. Got it last Sunday trying to bust out a PB so thought I would see if it happens to anyone else out there. I know fainting isn't that uncommon.

On a side note I have gotten the same problem but much worse from violent vomiting when extremely drunk. Once I woke up with a red rash covering my entire face and the blood vessells in my eyes all burst (yes the whites of my eyes were blood red).

lol I think it's normal with the force and strain Brick.

When I was sick, I vommitted all the time and violently too. I used to have those burst blood vessels under my eyes and sometimes even in my eyes. It's just from the sheer force and strain of the pressure the body is enduring.

Found this on Livestrong. It is just from the pressure. But if you have underlying medical issues, could be an issue? Otherwise, it's just from sheer volume and typically, when we lift, raise, push weight...we hold our breath somewhat, this causes a buildup of pressure in the face/cranium and can cause capillaries and blood vessels to burst

Causes
Some exercises, such as contact sports, or repeated, focused contact with heavy weights, can contribute to bruising. Minor trauma and everyday events, such as sneezing or straining while defecating, or vomiting can cause broken capillaries or blood vessels on your face, but the condition is more common in people who perform strenuous activities, such as heavy lifting and weight training. Subconjunctival hemorrhage can occur when you perform activities that increase the pressure in your face and head, such as weightlifting, violent coughing or vomiting.
Treatment

Most bruises resolve without medical treatment in about two weeks. Severe bruising can take up to a month or longer to heal. Icing and elevating the bruised area above the heart can speed healing. Treat exercise-induced petechiae with cold packs. Seek treatment for any underlying causes from a medical professional. Prevention
To prevent exercise-induced ruptures, consult with a fitness professional on proper weightlifting technique and increase weight gradually. Avoid sudden increases in facial/cranial pressure.

Prevention

To prevent exercise-induced ruptures, consult with a fitness professional on proper weightlifting technique and increase weight gradually. Avoid sudden increases in facial/cranial pressure.

My are still a little bloodshot from my comp on the 31st.
My eyes go, I bleed from the nose, I can loose up to ~50% visibility for 1hr, get a rash on forearm/lats/chest......

Part of the game my fiend.

Sam can tell you a story Nick, he finished off a brutal 5/3/1 AMRAP set and turned to me a bit groggily and said "Youz all yellow" and then he lay down on the floor for about 5 minutes.

When I woke up with red pupils after the aforementioned very successful drinking binge my wife made me go to the emergency room. All the doctor did was laugh at me. He then walked away and returned with a group of interns who also spent 5 mins laughing at me, then the nurses came by for a good laugh, followed by the wardsmen. After all that they told me I was fine and to go home and sleep it off. The doctor had the hide to suggest I should come back the next night been Saturday and try and scare some of the drunk kids out of binge drinking.

Took about a week to go away and everyone I saw had the same reaction. They wouls look horified & ask What the f*#ck happened to you? I would explain and then wait for them to finish laughing.

I have fainted from rack pulls. Every now and then get a blood nose from deadlifts, i have had it squirt out about a meter and a half from me. Also the day after a game of footy I often feel like I have the flu.

Max Effort can be tuff on the body.

omg Bazza! a metre in front of you? :eek: lol

urgh

My neighbour often gets nosebleeds with DL's too...

But you're right, it's an indication of how much strain and pressure your body is withstanding in that moment. Unfortunately the red eyes and burst capillaries take a while to go away....

I have fainted from rack pulls. Every now and then get a blood nose from deadlifts, i have had it squirt out about a meter and a half from me. Also the day after a game of footy I often feel like I have the flu.

Your a warrior, man that's awesome.

I don't burst vessels as far as i know but go very light headed after heavy deads. I always keep a seat close by so i sit down immeadiately.

Dont want this happening to me.

[YOUTUBE]k8RcDb_wZfQ[/YOUTUBE]​

omg :eek:

I like the way his mate chuckles as he smashes his face against the dumbells! faaaarrkkkk

He probably lost a few teeth methinks!

Ahhhh finally found this thread again. Bazza a short time after I read this....and it had completely grossed me out lol My friend sent me this picture, because he gets blood noses from lifting sometimes too.

I thought of you straight away! lol

But didn't know where to post it...

You're lucky I didn't start an entire thread in your honour Bazza lol It was on the cards! :)

Bazza.jpg

Ahhhh finally found this thread again. Bazza a short time after I read this....and it had completely grossed me out lol My friend sent me this picture, because he gets blood noses from lifting sometimes too.

I thought of you straight away! lol

But didn't know where to post it...

You're lucky I didn't start an entire thread in your honour Bazza lol It was on the cards! :)

View attachment 2896

Lol pretty accurate to what happened actually.

so if someone has never had any of these side efforts from lifting, does it mean that this person has never tried maximum excursion lift? or would they just be considered lucky or very fit/healthy?