• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Maximum Effort

LOL @ Tank, yeh your a pussy bwahahahaaa
Nah, honestly your prob just not as broken down as the others lol.

When I do heavy deads I get what I call 'looking at pins and needles' in my vision. Never bled through the nose or anything though, but I do get this weird pulsing sound in my ears. It's like I can hear the blood forcing its way around my body, and i get a bit light headed sometimes especially when its hot as well.
I love lifting in the cold, hate it to start with but once warm I can seem to push harder, so hoping for soe good number over winter.

during heavy deads I get light headed, pins and needle vision. I like to think of it as being in heaven for a short stretch

Shit maybe I'm not trying hard enough!!!!
Although After 20 repper squats I get blurry vision and my hearing goes numb for a minute or so, also get a sense of Euphoria, maybe due to the lack of oxygen...

There is a picture of my back on here somewhere of my back after 20 reppers, it was blue!

Once the weights get heavy, going blind, fainting, bleeding are all just part of lifting...

Never bleed, bruised got blurry vision or ever feel faint.

and im sure ive tried atleast 95% effort for a quite a few reps and sets a few times. Not lately tho.

Are my genetics suited to lifting more so then others? or am i just not lifting enough to make myself sick? that is the question. I think i may have felt sickish but that was because i ate to close to a workout once. I have been dizzy a little but that was only cos i hadn't eaten all day then worked out lol.

I think there is a difference between maximal effort with light weights, and maximal effort with heavy weight.....

I'm not sure its relative.

I guess I'm saying that whilst a 110kg deadlift might be max effort at the moment, when you get stronger and pull 220kg, it will still be max effort, but stress the body much more.

I think there is a difference between maximal effort with light weights, and maximal effort with heavy weight.....

I'm not sure its relative.

I guess I'm saying that whilst a 110kg deadlift might be max effort at the moment, when you get stronger and pull 220kg, it will still be max effort, but stress the body much more.

Yep I have noticed this.

yeah also get the light headedness, an pins n needles vision...
near fell over the other week actually after a triple rep PB, lol.

Ausbb peep's I have a question?

Does anyone else burst blood vessells (or capillaries??? I'm no Dr.) when using maximum exertion to get that last rep or PB.

Happens to me occassionally it looks like red freckles under my eyes. Got it last Sunday trying to bust out a PB so thought I would see if it happens to anyone else out there. I know fainting isn't that uncommon.

On a side note I have gotten the same problem but much worse from violent vomiting when extremely drunk. Once I woke up with a red rash covering my entire face and the blood vessells in my eyes all burst (yes the whites of my eyes were blood red).

When I was weightlifting, there were few squad memebrs who used to nosebleed when heavy squatting. For me though, I lost consciousness once when going all out with a weightlifting circuit. Just as well I went down, or blood would have had a hard time reaching my brain. So it's all good.

Fadi.