• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Meals for work (any ideas)

poopoohead

Hey guys,

I am trying to lose weight without losing muscle of course.

I want to be able to take some protein rich meals with good usable carbs to work to have during the day.
My work is labour intensive and most times in the hot sun so its important that the carb intake is just right so as I am not burning muscle for fuel.

This is what i have so far, but it is bland and boring. (remember, this is just the two meals I take to work. not including breakfast and dinner and pre- sleep suppliment)

2 small meals in tuperware containers. Both consisting of 1 cup of white rice each 3 - 4 egg whites each and 1 protein shake with each.
sometimes a little salt on the rice. I try to drink plenty of water during the day as well.

I do have to do this on a budget. i can either have the eggs or tuna. but need some sort of sauce or something.

Any ideas please

Change it to brown rice, add some vegetables (broccoli for me) and tuna/egg. Add some sweet chili or hot sauce for taste. Personally I wouldn't add salt and I wouldn't bother with the protein shake - if you are trying to add calories increase your meal size.

This sounds wierd but oats are good with a small amount of water and add honey to taste. I dont think you could get anything cheaper or easier.

Why eggs white only? Fail for no good fats...

At the moment every meal of mine is a form of mince, its cheap and easy to eat.. Cant get much simpler.

I would go wif the mince and have tried it before, just I have to try keep it lite. but maximise the protein level. too much fat and gluten in mince. Meal size needs to be small and managable. dont have long to eat it.

Last edited:
sorry powersport I have to do that in order to read my posts for some reason I cant see replies to my threads or posts until I make another post on the same thread.
So I type in giberish to unlock it and then edit a reply, hopefully before anyone reads it.

Its a pain in the arse

Click refresh..

There shouldn't be gluten in mince maybe your thinking rissoles.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have brown rice, and chicken or tuna, thrown an egg or two in if you want. And throw in some olive oil or soy sauce or both. tastes pretty good in my books.

I have brown rice, and chicken or tuna, thrown an egg or two in if you want. And throw in some olive oil or soy sauce or both. tastes pretty good in my books.

thanks i'll give that a go.

What do you guys think about frying steak, eggs fish etc as opposed to grilling. is there really that much difference if your not frying in butter or marg. just using a tiny bit of veg oil?

Last edited:
i've done a steak or two in olive oil. tasted dam nice. From what I recall skip the vege oil as it's quite bad for you.

Use the olive oil which is good unsaturated fats and see how that tastes.