• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

mechanical demands of kettlebell swing exercise

PowerBuilder

mechanical demands of kettlebell swing exercise
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Abstract
The aims of this study were to establish mechanical demands of kettlebell swing exercise, and provide context by comparing them to mechanical demands of back squat and jump squat exercise. Sixteen men performed two sets of 10 swings with 16, 24, and 32 kg, two back squats with 20, 40, 60 and 80% 1RM, and two jump squats with 0, 20, 40, and 60% 1RM.

Sagittal plane motion and ground reaction forces (GRF) were recorded during swing performance, and GRF were recorded during back and jump squat performance. Net impulse, and peak and mean propulsion phase force and power applied to the center of mass (CM) were obtained from GRF data, and kettlebell displacement and velocity from motion data.

Results of repeated measures analysis of variance showed that all swing CM measures were maximized during the 32 kg condition, but that velocity of the kettlebell was maximized during the 16 kg condition; displacement was consistent across different loads. Peak and mean force tended to be greater during back and jump squat performance, but swing peak and mean power was greater than back squat power, and largely comparable with jump squat powerv. However, the highest net impulse was recorded during swing exercise with 32 kg (276.1 ± 45.3 N·s vs. 60% 1RM back squat: 182.8 ± 43.1 N·s, and 40% jump squat: 231.3 ± 47.1 N·s).

These findings indicate a large mechanical demand during swing exercise, that could make swing exercise a useful addition to strength and conditioning programs that aim to develop the ability to rapidly apply force.

tumblr_lqeuw78IuS1qeuzufo1_500.jpg

Id rather slam my cock in a car door than stand there and do that, sorry.

But it looks fuckin ridiculous

I am going to be introducing some swings into my routine next break, along with sprints and burpees!
...i won't be slamming my cock in any doors

Id rather slam my cock in a car door than stand there and do that, sorry.

But it looks fuckin ridiculous
just because something looks stupid doesnt mean it doesnt work...

i still have flashbacks to markos' KB circuits and all the UDL's :(

You are not doing them now?

When you say flashbacks, do you mean like, horror?
no, used to do them when i was training at PTC frankston

yeah, coz they make you want to vomit everywhere :D
u know when u have no energy left and want to be sick? yeah that

I am going to be introducing some swings into my routine next break, along with sprints and burpees!
...i won't be slamming my cock in any doors

Ok

But it's a good analogy to use for something one dislikes, don't you think?

I'm not going to think anything less of you if do or don't do them, i dont even know you, it's just a choice one makes.

Ah the old "judge an exercise before you've done it"

I'm sure once upon a time the bench press looked silly, didn't stop you doing that I bet

Ah the old "judge an exercise before you've done it"

I'm sure once upon a time the bench press looked silly, didn't stop you doing that I bet
wtf is that guy doing? hes only standing up with the weight, not even putting it over head, what a dickhead

:D lol