• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

milk kills my stomach

BoyFromAus

I can consume yoghurt fine but as soon as i have a reasonable quantity of milk (let's say 200 - 400ml), my stomach feels screwed. Repeated churns, the runs etc.

could this be some form of lactose intolerance? If it was, i'd expect I'd have the same problem with yoghurt too, but i'm fine with yoghurt.

It could be how it is processed. I read a story about a guy from the Philipines that drank fresh milk strait from the cow and was ok but when in USA the processed milk messed him up with similar symptoms as your are describing.

On a similar note I would sometimes get upset stomach in the morning with pain and what not. Ever since I have started drinking some form of alcohol nightly it has disappeared. I kid you not. If you drink it right before bed it somehow stops the pain.

try lactose free milk
harvey fresh make a 1l long life version
sells for 1.66 at coles

cheers

There's 2L Easy to Digest milk called Zymil, I'm not lactose intolerant but I buy it because it tastes damn great, lactose free too. It's about $4.00

I am always puzzled by people who ask complex medical questions of random non-medical people online.

Go to the doctor. Alternately, don't worry about it, and just keep having yoghurt but not having milk.

thanks guys. Yea as Kindred said, it could even be due to processing. I'm gonna try some of those other milk brands first like Zymil, HF's long life or Devondale . If they still fail, then i'll go see my doctor.

I try to use doctor as a last resort because it's just annoying to book an appointment, wait there for 2 hours with all those depressed, sick people and then have the appointment etc.

I can consume yoghurt fine but as soon as i have a reasonable quantity of milk (let's say 200 - 400ml), my stomach feels screwed. Repeated churns, the runs etc.

could this be some form of lactose intolerance? If it was, i'd expect I'd have the same problem with yoghurt too, but i'm fine with yoghurt.

Rasika, what you've described is a classic case of lactose intolerance. You (and I) can tolerate yogurt because yogurt is no longer milk though it originated from it. The culture (bacteria) that is added to the yogurt made sure the lactose in milk has been digested by the enzyme lactase which is produced by the said bacteria.

Cheese goes through a different process than adding bacteria; it's the fermentation, near zero water content, and much higher (concentrated) fat content that insures a problem free tummy environment.

So it's basically bacteria and fermentation, two steps taken to change what was to what has become!

PS: Wine and vinegar is another classic that comes to mind here… according to some, the simplest way to transform one into the other is to leave an open, 3/4 filled bottle of wine in a warm place for a couple of weeks.

Fadi.