• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Milk? What to believe...

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
... The answer to that i dont know.

For the majority of us Milk and its products are a crucial component to our diet.

So what do we believe?

Discuss.

Fadi's posted some info that's anti-milk before, and I believe that it said Casein was bad and whey was good.

So now there are three sides to the argument
Milk is fine
Whey in milk is bad
Casein in milk is bad.

The plot thickens...

Just to throw some more madness out there, I have read a book that says milk is bad because it gives you osteoporosis...justified by the fact starving Africans don't get the disease and don't drink milk.

Well that wouldnt be the results of milk but protein in general.

Protein stops calcium absorbtion.

Not another milk thread

Let me drink my milk in peace. Easiest 1500 calories of my daily diet

Heres a quote for you

Now, im due for my midday 500ml of full fat UNorganic radio active milk!

How much does Cohen squat?

Diseased meat
pestiside ridden friut and veg, milks bad for you, blah blah
You'll make yourself sick worrying about it.

Not another milk thread

Let me drink my milk in peace. Easiest 1500 calories of my daily diet

Can't argue from that point of view; it's always easier to drink food than eat it.

All the best to you...leaving you in peace .

Fadi.

lol after all these threads about milk, it would be interesting if there was just a final poll for how many people drink milk and how many dont... we have all read plenty of goods and bads about the stuff... i drink it but some days almost feel like i shouldnt... i need some diet help badly...

Eat a wide variety of food, all stuff you've prepared yourself from basic ingredients.

If that includes milk or meat or fructose or carbs or saturated fats or fish oil or whatever the latest fad it is to love or hate, fine. If it doesn't, that's fine, too. So long as you do get a variety in the end.

Nobody ever got sick or malnutrition or obese or underweight because their diet was too varied.

x2.

Fadi.

very true and I'd like to add that after a ridiculous amount of reading, research, discussion etc. regarding diet my thoughts boil down to not much. Wouldn't you say your diet is successful if it allows you to maintain a good body weight and good energy levels and good health, without driving you nuts?

The not-driving-you nuts part is important for people like me for whom it is not a far drive.

if you can achieve the above on less calories rather than more, that is probably better, there is research to support that idea and it makes sense, it is like setting the idle of a car lower.

One thing to worry about if you're getting by on low calories is, are you getting all your essential nutrients etc.? It would seem especially important to make sure your food is high quality, healthy, and varied, and prepared in a way that preserves the nutritional value.

Even the supplement-skeptical AMA now recommends a multivitamin, vitamin D, calcium, and fish oil - these are probably a good idea for just about everyone, but especially if you slide by on little food.

Well said. Now did you say nuts? What kind of nuts are you...just kidding just kidding promise !!

Fadi.

That depends whom you ask Fadi

I actually liked your post very much but now I'm wondering about the last few words in the following sentence which you wrote:
The not-driving-you nuts part is important for people like me for whom it is not a far drive.
"Not a far drive". What do you mean Silverback?

Fadi.

It's just an analogy fadi- meaning I'm not that far from being driven mad by the things I read is all.