• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Milk!

B

blakeimage

A very quick thread about milk consumption...

Low fat or Full Cream?

Should someone looking to bulk be concerned about the extra fat content in full cream?

Blake

hmm dosnt low fat milk has an unbalanced macro nutrient ratio?
Also I remember reading somewhere that the nutrients you normally absorb with full fat milk dont get absorbed with low fat because your body cannot handle those nutrients without the regular fat?

Lots of conflicting infomation out there I bet

I stick with full cream personally, extra calories

Nutrient absorbtion better in full cream? More calories? Both are probably correct but miss the most important difference IMO ...

skim milk tastes like bottled piss!

I seriously do not understand how anyone drinks the stuff :)

for the record I drink 3L of full cream milk a day and have no ill effects whatsoever (except massive weight and strength gain if that's a drama for you ;)

I drink physical no fat. 15g/100 of protein and no fat.

I get plenty of good fats in my diet. No need for heaps of excess dairy fat.

Mind you I'm 110kg and bulking is not my goal. All you skinny kids get on the full cream.

just had a look at the website and it says 5.1g per 100g . still good protein amount. too bad its not available in SA

My mistake. Its 13.5g per 250ml

Sorry guys I'm still half alseep!

Last edited:
haha i think everyone on this forum would be rushing out to get a case of it if it was 15g per 100ml.!! thats still a real good amount per serve. damn SA misses out on all the good S%^T!!!

More details plz :)

Is it a mass produced or just sold at your local market from a local farmer?
Is it pasturized?

it is pasturised..

cant rmember the brand name it says organic. they sell it in 1L ONLY the 2L verison is homogonised (dont ask me why this is makes no sense)

Just got it from woolies in granville so if they have it most places should.

I believe you can buy 'raw' milk called cleopatra's bath...not sold for consumption.
Not 100% sure if they still sell it, but looking for 'bath' milk might help if you're crazy enough to be into that kinda thing.
I certainly wouldn't be buying it (unless I felt like bathing in milk...which I don't).

I drink loads of milk.

The only other person who I know drinks as much or more is Markos' son Max.

He is 17, 72kg, squats 170 and deads 200. Looks like he's carved from stone.

I'm pretty sure both our test levels are fine.

A very quick thread about milk consumption...

Low fat or Full Cream?

Should someone looking to bulk be concerned about the extra fat content in full cream?

Blake
If bulking then the extra calories might help in full cream. But won't make a huge difference. A litre of skim milk might have about 500 calories where as full cream might have 650.

If you really need some more calories maybe chuck a steak in your glass of milk? :p