• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mixing bcaa with protein ?

thuannguyen

Hey guys, Was wondering if its a good idea to mix bcaa with whey protein? Or should i be taking it seperately? Any help would be appreciated. thanks !

FFS, BCAA IS protein, should you really be taking something that you obviously dont know what it is.

Protein is made up of amino acids, the 3 aminos in BCAA are Luecine, Isoluecine and Valine from memory.

Its just like people taking Glutamine and Arginine and not knowing its simply protein.

So yes, its okay to take protein with your protein.

Supposely drinking bcaa by itself, body absorbs in a instant? Correct me if im wrong.

Thats the basic idea, Because they are already in their individual Amino acid types the body does not have to break down a protein string into individual amino acids.

Maybe do some reading on macronutrients (proteins, carbohydrates, lipids) and and what they are actually made up off,and how their different composition alters absorbtion rates, and what these different compositions can do, or can't do for you. Also when is the best time of the day to eat them, and how to, organise them around your work out.

If you dont already know that is

Thats the basic idea, Because they are already in their individual Amino acid types the body does not have to break down a protein string into individual amino acids.

Maybe do some reading on macronutrients (proteins, carbohydrates, lipids) and and what they are actually made up off,and how their different composition alters absorbtion rates, and what these different compositions can do, or can't do for you. Also when is the best time of the day to eat them, and how to, organise them around your work out.

If you dont already know that is

Great advice, will look up on it. Thank you.

Take EAA's instead of BCAA's.
EAA's already have the 3 PTC mentioned plus a few more essential aminos.

I take mine before during and after workouts, being free form they are rapidly absorbed so there is no need for a PWO shake. I just eat 20 mins after ingesting EAA's.