• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

MM Commercial dip attachment

Gilly

As above guys, who has one and how does it rate?

i tried 2 barbells in j-hooks sideways through the rack but they are too far apart at 900mm and feels weird.

The proper attachment looks sturdy enough but i wouldn't mind feed back from those who have one. My only real doubt is the attachment of what looks like one wind on nut. i had hoped it fitted up like the j hooks which are wicked and offer loads of support through the large plate face.

cheers

As above guys, who has one and how does it rate?

i tried 2 barbells in j-hooks sideways through the rack but they are too far apart at 900mm and feels weird.

The proper attachment looks sturdy enough but i wouldn't mind feed back from those who have one. My only real doubt is the attachment of what looks like one wind on nut. i had hoped it fitted up like the j hooks which are wicked and offer loads of support through the large plate face.

cheers

Got one.
No good, never use it.

I *think* I have the one you're talking about (2 black triangle looking things?)
Bit awkward to use. Dad likes it though haha

Adrian I want a heavy duty one and will pay kindly, I'm sure many forum members feel the same.

Make oneeee

Adrian I want a heavy duty one and will pay kindly, I'm sure many forum members feel the same.

Make oneeee

Also with V handles so you can adjust the width you dip at. The MM one is not only very flimsy but its way too wide.

Yep that's the one. I can feel it flexing with just bodyweight. Does anyone else find it too wide for dips.

How much do you weigh?

I'll post up some vids soon, which were taken just now.
One with just bodyweight - 83kg.
One with BW + 25kg.
One with BW + 50kg.

No flex or movement felt while doing reps.
The width of the handles is probably a personal thing.
I'm 6ft and it feels good for me and workmate is about 5'6" and he also feels very comfortable with the width.
But as mentioned, it's probably a personal thing.

Ok, here are some vids.
I usually only do bodyweight dips, so could only manage 3 reps of BW + 50kg.

[youtube]aSqqMLpogeo[/youtube]

[youtube]2ppHlj6rjxY[/youtube]

[youtube]odz8o97eNAQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
Yep that's the one. I can feel it flexing with just bodyweight. Does anyone else find it too wide for dips.

Go to bunnings look for some steel rod a slightly smaller dia then the handles buy the right length insert it and tell me how different it is.

you mean this one? Power Rack Dip Attachment_HPRSP

that's what I've got and it works well, very easy to do the nut up tight and it feels sturdy enough. I certainly don't have any doubts using it

I got this one today ( including my powerrack etc.. )
Haven't done weighted dips on it yet but at 6"3 100kg it very sturdy and seems capable of holding a lot more. For some people I can see the benefit of adding adjustable width, for smaller people i suppose? but Hulk just said a 5"6 guy feels comfortable on it so :S, feels absolutely perfect for me.

Last edited:
currently im using my old adjustable squat rack with dip handles on the back and maybe I'm fussy but it's solid as a rock compared to the power rack dip handles.

Just edited my post and included the vids.

Thanks for that. That's quality service right there, obviously a staunch believer in the products you sell.

as per pm i'll place an order next week, i for see no problems using that piece of equipment.

Yep dead serious. I did dips today and used the squat rack/dip stand I have. I never use the mm dip attachment, don't like it.

In saying that I love the muscle motion commercial power rack, would recommend to anyone. Best piece of gym equipment I own by a mile, use it every day.

I ended up getting this attachment and it's a good rig i found

I'll be adding the steel rod inserts Christian mentioned on page 1. I don't feel they are a necessity now but for longevities sake i will add them. I own both the commercial rack and this attachment and feel they will last a lifetime with no issue.

I'm 5'10" but quite broad in the shoulders so the width is perfect for me. i found the stand alone chin/dips stations a bit awkward with the narrower handles. personal preference i suppose, everyone has a varied bench grip so i guess the same could apply to dips.