• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

MMPR vs LC2 Power Rack Packages

K

kobe88

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to decide between these two packages:

LC2 -- http://www.cyber-market.com.au/cyberfit-power-rack-140kg-olympic-weight-flat-bench-p-588.html

and

MMPR -- http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/3-Package-Deal-_-Power-Rack--+-FIBEV-flat-incline-bench-+-Olympic-bar-+-80kg-Olympic-weights-$1095/530.htm

I also need advice on a good quality bench to replace the one in the packages. The bench that comes with the MMPR has a seat padding size of only 25cm! I'm using one that's 24cm right now and I've almost fallen off several times, so I would need a bench that's at least 27cm or even 30cm. I don't know how wide the LC2 bench is, but it looks very narrow as well.

Any advice is much appreciated!

That bench looks pretty good, padding is 30cm wide and 6cm thick! Exactly what I was looking for, managed to find it on ebay for $229 + $35 - Thanks!

Anyone have any issues with those racks above? I'm prolly just gonna order the LC2 within the next few days or so.

I've got the cyber market bench but not the rack.

The bench is ok, but not wide enough IMO. The Force one looks way better.

I would find the cross bar at the back of LC2 extremely annoying, both as a matter of squatting from the back uprights and using a bench inside the rack. In order to be able to unrack yourself, you want to be able to position the bench so that your eyes are behind the bar when setting up. The cross bar would hinder where you can put the bench and might make it difficult to find the perfect spot.

I personally think the MMPR is overrated in this forum and dates back from PTC's recommendations, at a time when there were less competing products in the market.

From a design perspective, I reckon this Force USA one is better (and it's cheaper): http://www.gymandfitness.com.au/force-usa-home-power-rack-combo.html

Thanks for the very useful feedback, strong enough?. That has definitely made me think twice about getting the LC2 - Good thing I haven't ordered it yet.

But the Force USA one you linked seems kind of....flimsy. It says it's only rated to 150kg. Obviously I'm not lifting anywhere near that amount, but I don't want to have to worry about upgrading 6 months down the track.

I think MMPR would be my #1 choice for now but I'm also considering the Powertec power rack atm.

I was thinking about that one and the powertec for the last few days but then realized I was going way over budget considering I'm getting barbell, weights and also bench, so I decided to just go for the MMPR. It's a little bit high at 2.18cm for my ceiling, but I was advised I can mount the chin-up bar upside down.

Also, are those rubber flooring important? I'm gonna put my rack in a spare room on the carpet. I'm already over budget so I don't want to get the rubber mats unless it's absolutely essential.

I have the Force USA rack, the second one that strong enough? linked. It's a great rack for the money. Very sturdy. The safety bar hole spacing is closer together than the other racks as well which means you can usually get your safeties set up exactly where you want them, which is great if you are going to bench inside the rack. I had my rack sitting on the carpet in my old house. It wasn't too bad but you would want to put something under each corner to stop the rack wearing your carpet like it did to mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hmm...you guys are making this very tough :)

That power rack sure looks good and I do like the hole spacing as I have heard about some people with problems how their bench isn't the right height but price is an issue for me as it's quite a bit more expensive than the MMPR.

But there is one thing that might clinch it for me: How tall is the Force USA rack from bottom to top of chin-up bar? It only says the boxed dimensions on the page linked. If it's a few cm shorter than the MMPR I might go for it.

Edit: It also says there are no optional attachments included, I assume this means no dip attachments either, how much extra would that be?

Last edited:
I got dip handles with mine, four j hooks, two safety pins and four band pegs. I'll measure the height of mine after dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk