• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mobility and training....

the worlds going to end

You told me you like crossfit.... the world was supposed to end in march 2012!:p

Shoulder dislocations with the broom stick was better. Where I had less mobility I felt the stretch a tonne better. The band allowed my arms to bypass the immobile section.
Gawd i hope that makes sense.

I find that with mobility once you have it its easy to maintain.

I recently widened my squat stance, it took me four weeks of almost daily mobbing for 20-30 mins before I was happy.

now I just have to do it before or after lower body days to maintain.

So if you have an issue, smash it daily.

I find that with mobility once you have it its easy to maintain.

I recently widened my squat stance, it took me four weeks of almost daily mobbing for 20-30 mins before I was happy.
now I just have to do it before or after lower body days to maintain.

So if you have an issue, smash it daily.

I have started taking my squat stance wider, what initially was your mobility problem?
And what is mobbing?

You told me you like crossfit.... the world was supposed to end in march 2012!:p

Shoulder dislocations with the broom stick was better. Where I had less mobility I felt the stretch a tonne better. The band allowed my arms to bypass the immobile section.
Gawd i hope that makes sense.

ok slightly off topic, but who said the world was ending in March 2012????!!! alarmed...

agree re the broom stick...i find broom stick is great for shoulder work. Definitely feel the stretch and tension more.

ok slightly off topic, but who said the world was ending in March 2012????!!! alarmed...

agree re the broom stick...i find broom stick is great for shoulder work. Definitely feel the stretch and tension more.

The Mayans, but its December not march, so we still have some months left. Big earthquake apparently.

Yeah love the broomstick:D

The Mayans, but its December not march, so we still have some months left. Big earthquake apparently.

Yeah love the broomstick:D

actually, that's a common misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar. It's just the end of this Long Cycle in their lovely accurate calendar. No need to panic...no earthquake, even if there are earthquakes, not the end of the world entirely...

go broomstick! LOL on crossfit being cool on this thread! woot ;)

I have started taking my squat stance wider, what initially was your mobility problem?
And what is mobbing?

I changed from an olympicy style to a sit back, shins vertical style. so my adductors were tight and my hamstrings were tight.

I did agile 8.

then did this splits routine
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK5Uhio2eUo"]Learn how to do the splits Part 1 of 2 Split flexibility training - YouTube[/ame]

I also looked at various other split vids. I still cant do the splits.

prepare for some pain,

I also did some of these, minus chains. the first time i did I fell on my face.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxhgVtQwJpI"]Cossack Squats with 60lbs of Chain - Improve Leg Strength / Hip Mobility / Knee Stability - YouTube[/ame]

What kind of warm up is necessary before attempting these mobility drills? If I tried to do them with my muscles cold I bet something is going to tear and it won't be my pants!

hahaa, yeh you should be warm. some people do it after they have a shower.

if you start with foam rolling and they do some light dynamic stuff you should be warm enough.

has anyone got a good generic routine that can just be done daily? ive watched magnificent mobility and wouldn't know what to choose.

I also have an impinging feeling lately in my groin area, and videos on his site addressing that?

has anyone got a good generic routine that can just be done daily? ive watched magnificent mobility and wouldn't know what to choose.

I also have an impinging feeling lately in my groin area, and videos on his site addressing that?

seriously, check out Mobility WOD (links below in earlier posts).
Best mobility routines. Generic doesn't mean much...it all depends on what you are seeking to improve?
Not a bad idea to look at hip mobility as a start though...

Do you guys just start at page 81 and work your way from ep1? so far been doing a few things from there everyday and feeling good.

Do you guys just start at page 81 and work your way from ep1? so far been doing a few things from there everyday and feeling good.

I just searched through for specific one's to help me where I know I have issues to work through at this stage. Unfortunately 10 years in an office is crap for mobility so I have more than a few to work on. I am starting with shoulders though and will work wrists and ankles next.