• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Morning workout crew: How do you do it?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How do you guys get yourself out of bed each morning to hit the gym? Is it a struggle each morning to get up. Do you cook your own breakfast before gym or after gym? Do you sleep really early? Was it tough at first, but you eventually got used to it? How long are you workouts typically?

Only manage 1 max 2 morning workouts per week.
It's a fucking mission for me, I'm like a zombie, bouncing off every wall and bench around me. Sometimes I dont really wake up untill half way through my work out and don't even remember getting there.
Never gets any easier, but then again I'm just not a morning kunce, so none of this "work out in the morning and feel great" nonsense for me.

No go for me. I too am a zombie in the morning. I need to be up for at least 2 hrs before training.

I get up at 6 and sit on a bus for 45 minutes then workout (sheiko), get back on the bus for 1.5 hours to school where i run around heaps and usually do another light gym session then go to a fighting gym 3-4 days a week. You get used to it, i drink like 10 teaspoons of coffee a morning

Can't train in the morning, no go for me. Not a morning person, don't even talk to me before 10am and till after I had a coffee or two.

Hate getting out of bed, especially if it's before 9am, and usually have to be up by 6:20 for work at 7:00, can't even eat of drink before 9:00-10:00am.

Used to be DMAA but they fucked that up for me. First time ever I went from zombie to jumping around the gym in about 10 minutes.

Now it's coffee.

Summer is a bitch because the sun comes up so early I have to get up at 4:45 so I'm not cutting into the day.

So you must be in bed early??

So still cutting into your day as you still have to sleep regardless.

When I train early, I have one sleep in day and that is on a Sunday. It gets easier!

been morning training at 6am since august. 2x a week then 3x from sept,4x in dec.
chug down either bcca drink or carb+electrolytes shower then off to gym

no coffee before gym. breakfast after.

for jan 2nd week is still mornings ,then have a month of training at 7pm, then back to mornings before work

Last edited:
I much prefer morning training. Usually start training at around 0530. I normally get up, get dressed, make a large and strong coffee then go via maccas for a sausage muffin (though that's recently been replaced with a protein, berries and coconut oil shake). A bit of Tool on the stereo for the 15-20min drive and I'm good to go.

Depending on the day I either go home and eat bacon + eggs or I have shake and oats when I start have to work at 0730.

PTC Canberra
http://www.ptccanberra.com.au

I am up at 5:30am every morning (including Sundays... :/ ) to hit the gym at about 6:10am for at least 40 minutes.

Previous night i will have my gym bag and towels ready so in the morning all i have to do is wake up, put my clothes on and go.

Been thinking i might change my morning routine to the beginners strength training one (squats, rows, deads, bench, pressing, curling)