• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Morning Workouts

brian_wong

My school is offering a morning gym session for all year 10s. It starts at 6:45 and ends at 8 and is on tuesdays and thursdays. Im planning to take it but i was just wondering how much i should i eat before the workout and if starting so early is not going to fatigue me too much?(i still have to last a school day and a soccer training session after it)

PS: I will probably do the stronglifts 5x5 at the gym

Last edited:
i prefer using caffeine rather than having a meal when training early morning.

i like to leave a minimum of 1hr for a solid meal and 30min for a liquid meal otherwise i feel like spewing

i take 2 caffeine tablets when i wake up
train
then wait 30min and have my breakfast

get some suger into you, pump up the carbs,

maybe have a small bowl of cerial, or a glass of juice, then have a more substantial feed afterwards. before class, you will need to maintain a good level of p[rotein intake or you will be getting hungry and looking to snack on crap

get some suger into you, pump up the carbs,

maybe have a small bowl of cerial, or a glass of juice, then have a more substantial feed afterwards. before class, you will need to maintain a good level of p[rotein intake or you will be getting hungry and looking to snack on crap

cheers ill try that :)

maybe have a protein shake or buy some of the pre mixed protein poppers, not cheap , but a few bucks and they should set you up ok. failing that an iced coffee or chocolate milk, seeing you are still young,

But yep first up, your body will be looking for glucose which will also stimulate insulin excreation, which helpd to build muscle.

also protein as during the night, your body would have absorbed most of what ypu ate teh night before.

If you have a glass of milk, cottage cheese protein shake late before bed it will help to set you up in the morning, but avoid to many carbs / sugar before sleep.