• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle through Meditation

mike367

I've been informed by a friend of mine, (who comes up with some really far out statements, which normally turn out to be fact.) well this friend tells me that a person can build muscle through meditation.

Stop laughing, I'm, She is very serious about it. She has read about a group of monks that do it.
Wish I could.

Anyone else heard anything about meditation and muscle growth???

haven't heard about monks using meditation for muscles , but have heard about monks using meditation to raise the core body temperature
making a wet towel steam

I've been informed by a friend of mine, (who comes up with some really far out statements, which normally turn out to be fact.) well this friend tells me that a person can build muscle through meditation.

Stop laughing, I'm, She is very serious about it. She has read about a group of monks that do it.

Got any pics of these muscular monks?

Surely working out 3 x 1hr per week will be more effective than meditating for hours on end won't it?

Maybe they are meaning they are building their mind muscle through meditation?

I've loked online, sent a few emails out but it seems that no one has heard of muscle through meditation.

No this isn't a joke, my friend is sure about it.
I think she must be wrong this time and I might win this bet.

i think she'll laugh her ass off about it because you took her seriously and waisted time trying to find out how to build muscle through meditation.

"Tummo" thats crazy stuff. I wonder if they can sit there losing weight just from doing that.

When I was a young bloke, I remember reading in 1 or 2 muscle mags, that you can get bigger muscles by concentrating and doing the excersises with no weights.

I think this was a "filler" to sell the mags and possibly only suitable for people about to compete, where you need the blood to rush into the muscles, without causing fatigue.

Sorry, but I don't believe it.

MightyTriby

Muscle & Fitness February 2008

IMG.jpg

Unfortunately, a very small sample group was used for each trial. Where are the actual results? Wo exactly performed the tests.... sorry, too many variables. Who are the Weider researches? Are the qualified etc?

Not trying to be negative, but everything you read is not always true.:)

MightyTriby

No shit. You won't win friends pointing out how smart you are because you know how studies work (some of us have degrees too), and how dumb M&F is. They usually put in their references from their studies, but not in this top 50 section.

Perhaps I should buy the highly reputable Men's Health in future.

Sorry you feel that way Stellar, but this is a forum and opinions are sought.

Just remember, everything you read in magazines, internet, see on TV etc is not always true. You must take with a grain of salt. People have opinions and just because they are employed to write by M&F, doesn't make them right.

I like M&F and all the other mags etc, and the results maybe true, but take it easy.

MightyTriby

If thats true then i must have been the super muscular man on earth!
lolz

Just because it's a scientific paper, doesn't make it 'true' either. Researchers have hypotheses and ALWAYS look to support their own hypotheses, even if that means presenting data that shows their hypothesis is correct. This is even more so when funded by big companies or universities.

There are others of us who are well-educated. Please watch your tone (when addressing me anyway) in future. You wouldn't get away with it in real life addressing someone like that.

Stellar.