• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Essential On-Cycle Supplementation Guide

JackAss

First thing is to understand that you can maintain a healthy state via diet alone. However, a basic diet, or even a focused diet would be merely impossible to achieve optimal levels. Understand that not being at optimum levels does not mean you're unhealthy.

Personally, I supplement very heavily with both prescription and over-the-counter drugs to achieve maximum potential in specific areas. But for this post, I will keep it simple and mention the few compounds that I could not give up. Furthermore; these are compounds that everyone can benefit from, regardless of your goals and/or physical statistics & demands. This applies for both sexes.

Instead of simply listing the compounds, Id like to go into detail on how they work once administered and how you benefit. Although these are quite common, the majority that I've spoken to have little knowledge as to how you actually benefit. So it makes more sense to understand the compound that you're supplementing with.

So lets get started:

#1 - Vitamin B12:

This is my favorite addition to all my cycles, so I'll go into more detail here than the others. There are several methods of delivering B12 to the bloodstream. I'll list them in the order of effectiveness.

1. Intravenously.
2. Intramuscularly, subcutaneously or intra-articularly.
3. Sublingual.
4. Oral.

I only recommend intravenous injection if you're an expert. Otherwise; for the average user I recommend either IM or SubQ injections. Sublingual can be effective in high doses and orals are simply weak.

Theres tons of argument about the effectiveness of oral B12 and there are tons of studies that prove this. However, there is not one single study (I've read all 122 studies on PubMed) that would indicate optimum levels. Orals will work to bring a deficient patient into range. Remember the range for most diagnostics agencies is 200 to 1000. So it's easy to get from 180 (deficient) to 200+.

There are several types of B12 that you can use. I'll list them in the most effective order:

1. Methylcobalamin
2. Adenosylcobalamin
3. Hydroxocobalamin
4. Cyanocobalamin

Methylcobalamin is more bioactive than any other and obviously does not require conversion by the body to methyl; the form that's most beneficial to support red cells and your nervous system. This one is necessary to break down homocysteine (breakdown of non-protein amino acids).

Adenosylcobalamin, the second on the list is really just as effective as Methyl. This is because it's also a form that is useful, as other forms of B12 would have to convert to either Adenosyl or Methyl. This one is a key player in metabolic pathways.

Hydroxocobalamin must be converted by your body into methyl in order to be functional as stated above. The conversion process is certainly better than Cyanocobalamin, which is why it's third on the list.

Cyanocobalamin is the one you find in just about every supplement. One of the reasons for that is because it's cheap to produce; making supplements cost effective, but unfortunately, not result effective. It's named Cyano because it's attached to the cyanide molecule. After the conversion process, very little methyl results.

If using a sublingual form, you should use no other than Methylcobalamin. Methyl, regardless of the delivery method is superior and most natural to all types. Sublingual doses should be administered at 35 times the dose of an injectable. That was not a typographical error. 35 times the injectable dose, however, dosing frequency would vary. I'll explain later in this article so that I don't end up gallivanting.

Now that we understand the types of B12 and administration methods, let's move onto how B12 actually works and what it does to your body once you introduce it exogenously to your body:

I don't think the forum allows for enough characters per post for me to go into too much detail here, so I'll try my best to keep this short. B12 in any form is converted to methyl or adenosyl, where the benefit begins. After conversion they breakdown important amino acids. Once it intestinal absorptive cells It attaches to specific receptors. This process (depending on administration method) takes about 3 hours. At that stage B12 is circulating in your system and actively binding plasma proteins.

Every member here has probably heard of bodybuilders using B12 as part of their cycle protocols. Even off cycle, it's still being used. Now, you've probably heard that 1000mcg of oral B12 does not equal 1000mcg injected. This is true. And as mentioned earlier in this article, a sublingual dose of Methyl B12 should be 35 times higher. For example, if you dose B12 Methyl with a 1000mcg injection weekly, you would need 35,000 mcg of a sublingual equivalent. But sublingual methods require daily administration. So you would take 5,000mcg daily. While the sublingual yield great results for me, it certainly did not will not reach satisfactory (to me) serum levels.
Quest Diagnostics range is 200 - 1100 pg/mL. I like to see my levels over 4000 pg/mL.

Here are some more benefits of B12:

1. Increased Energy.
2. Regenerates Red Blood Cells.
3. Healthy Bone Marrow.
4. Healthy Nervous System.
5. Helps Prevent Anemia.
6. Proper cell function.
7. Necessary for macronutrient metabolism (carbs, fats, proteins).
8. Enhances alertness and memory.

My recommendation: Inject 1000 mcg of B12 once per week. Or use 5,000 mcg of Methyl Sublingual.

#2 - Vitamin C:

Just like B12, there are several ways to administer vitamin C. These are:
1. Intravenously.
2. Intramuscularly, subcutaneously or intra-articularly.
3. Sublingual.
4. Oral.

Again I recommend you do not inject intravenously unless you're an expert. You should avoid any sublingual or chewable tablets. These will have an adverse effect on your teeth. Ideally, use oral capsules that are swallowed.
Vitamin C is acidic. It gives and receives oxygen to stabilize molecules, which makes it a great antioxidant and aids in the absorption of other compounds, such as iron and zinc.

Like B12, vitamin C is also used by our bodies to form red blood cells. It's a good preventative measure for blood clots and protects us from free radicals that could cause serious damage (most important, brain and spinal cord). It helps recovery when your body is under stress, which is why it's important to use post-workout. This is great when stacked with L-Cysteine for an ideal post-workout. Vitamin C also aids in forming adrenaline.

Glucose and Vitamin C share the same receptors that lead to the cell membrane. This means that consuming a lot of sweets will hinder vitamin C absorption. It's a water soluble vitamin so take it on an empty stomach for maximum effectiveness. This is another reason why it's difficult to get enough from food.

Collagen synthesis is very dependent on the vitamin. The many fibers that line the tendons, bones and blood vessels are rope-like strands; and if they become tangled they're weakened. This would cause easy bruising & swelling, and simply don't heal effectively. Vitamin C is the key to prevent this issue.

It's crucial for many processes your body generates. Sperm production, immune function and carnitine to name a few. It can also increase HDL (good cholesterol) and gives you a better overall cholesterol score. You can add to this list its blood thinning capabilities; that's how it prevents clots as mentioned earlier.

Your blood group matters when you take vitamin C:

There are different types of Vitamin C and depending on your blood type, you would benefit far more if you take the right type. Below is the blood type and vitamin type pairing:
- Blood group 'O': use Calcium Ascorbate
- Blood group 'A1': use Sodium Ascorbate
- Blood group 'A2': use Calcium & Sodium Ascorbate
- Blood group 'B': use Calcium Ascorbate & Bioflavonoids
- Blood group 'AB': use Ascorbic Acid

My recommendation: Strive for 3,000mg of Vitamin C daily, at least 1500 of that post workout. Spreading it out is necessary.

#3 - NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine):

NAC is derived from the Amino Acid; L-Cysteine. Most of you already know that this Over the Counter product is my choice. It's readily available and it's cheap. You take it for your liver, but NAC's uses and areas of benefit would shock even some of the more educated users. I'll go as far as saying many doctors are unaware of how powerful this drug really is. Let's have a look...

I'll cover the liver first since that's the main concern for us. NAC can prevent all types of damage to the liver. Whether it's alcohol damage or steroid-induced damage. NAC is a precursor for Glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidants available in our bodies and it's very stable. Similar to udca, it also provides aid in bile flow and lowers elevated enzymes. Not quite as effective in the presence of stones, however, can be an effective preventative measure for cholesterol generated stones.

Here's a list of benefits NAC can provide your body:

1. Powerful antioxidant
2. Counteracts poisons (carbon monoxide, acetaminophen)
3. Treats Lung infections (bronchitis, influenza, obstructive pulmonary... yes, even you dang smokers)
4. Treats acute liver failure
5. Treats Ear infections
6. Lowers cholesterol
7. Increased immunity
8. Has a role in Energy
9. Aids with psychiatric conditions (depression, obsession, addictions)
10. Prevents kidney stones
11. Protects muscle tissue (post workout recovery)
12. Improves insulin sensitivity
13. Treats stomach infections
14. Defends against stomach-ulcer causing bacteria.
15. Seriously? You're still reading? Go get some NAC!

This is why I choose NAC. It will protect my liver just as good as udca, but its overall benefits are unbelievable.

Doses up to 2000 mg daily for prolonged periods have shown no ill effects. Doses up to 2800 mg were proven safe for several months. However, we want to use NAC year round.

How to dose NAC:

600 mg daily year round. Increase to 1200 mg for an injectable steroid cycle. Increase to 1800 mg - 2400 mg in the presence of oral steroids . Obviously use the lower dose for mildly toxic steroids such as Anavar , and the heavier dose for toxic steroids such as Dianabol .

He is the user that you have copied and pasted from on another forum, on the anabolic forums he is quite the guru and i think that in all fairness its fine that you have posted his words on here but at least quote the man to give him some credit.

He is the user that you have copied and pasted from on another forum, on the anabolic forums he is quite the guru and i think that in all fairness its fine that you have posted his words on here but at least quote the man to give him some credit.

Thanks for pointing that out. And yes, that is a cut and paste job. I don't mind as I am an advocate for men and womens health. Would have been proper to give credit, rather than take it from someone else.