• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

my garage gym

Sticky, where did you buy them? And Mike I'll let you know as soon I've figured out where I'm buying everything and costing of it all. While it does seem cheaper online the postage is a huge hassle. So I'll visit SouthSide Fitness and Go Vita tomorrow and see what I can do.

My set-up is pretty basic so far but we have big plans!
1 x power cage
1 x flat and incline benches
1 x semi-fat bar (fatter than a normal oly and heavier)
260kg in plates
1 x heavy boxing bag
1 x 100kg tire
1 x shitty "normal bench" for resting on
about 160kg in shitty "normal plates"
1 x shitting normal bar that has yet to be used for anything other than hanging my towel on
4 x shitty "normal DB handles"
1 x chin/dip power tower (still in pieces)

To be added soon...
1 x safety squat bar
2 x fat DB handles
1 x oly ezy bar
1 x cable attachment for cage
more weight

I'll put some pics up sometime soon.

I'll be joining the club soon, recently ordered the following off Adrian from Gym Direct:

• muscle motion commercial rack
  • bar
  • weights
  • chalk
  • Incline bench
Currently got the following:

• 64kg and 28kg KB
  • Thick grip adjustable barbell
Gotta pop down to bunnings for some mats etc

My place, a few more things added since.

Note the dipping bars I made for the rack.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 112
Looking good SB.

Dave, it would be easy as for me to build an awesome one, just to much of a pain to have it under the current house. We are also moving in 4 months so I'll just build one when I get the studio.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ordered my custom knurled bar from Australian Barbell today :).
Wayne was an absolute pleasure to deal with :).

Wayne is great to deal with, as are the guys at Gym Direct.

What bar did you go for Sticky?

Not sure of the model, but it's a black nitrate power bar, but I changed the knurling from the death knurl to the standard knurl, but made it deeper.

EDIT: The bar is the BOP220 power bar, with 81cm machine markings.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Add 2 balck, 5 prong, Olympic weight trees to my gym. Now most of the plates are off the floor.

Im also toying with the idea of selling my bench. It's a good, soild bench (it's seen 170kg benches) in good condition. It's adjustable (incline/decline) and you can also squat in it.
I've also got a standard bar and 180-200kg worth of weight to go with it.
If anybody is interested, PM me and we can talk turkey.
Posted via Mobile Device

My stuff. Will have a new oly bar soon :)
img0018yk.jpg

57474899.jpg

Thanks :) I got the oly weights for 750. it has 5 20's, 3 25's and 1 15.. so the spare ones aren't really use able.... so 342 kilos are use able, not 402. I still think I found a good deal though.

I'll try and make use out of the left overs, not sure how. Maybe I'll pick up another 25 and 20, but I don't know where I can get the same brand plates, though I doubt that really matters. weight is weight.