• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

my garage gym

Talking of home gyms.

Does anyone ever have their neighbour complain about the noise.

Mine has.. twice....

Talking of home gyms.

Mine has.. twice....
No but I often wonder what they are thinking, especially when doing heavy deads, but in the end who cares, the bloke over the road wears his lycra on his bike every day :D

I dont want a disgruntled neighbour.

He says his whole house shakes lol.

The first night he came over it was 7pm, had a few guys over, 250kg on the bar, one of the boys about to deadlift it (which he got for a pb). I should have said if you had 250kg in your hands, you might make a small sound when it hits the ground as well, want to try?

lol

Anyways, we dont do deads/cleans early in the mornings anymore, we do them on saturday, he still complained though. I explained to him that we wont stop training, so hell have to live with thuds on saturday.

Ive eve gone as far as padding the bars so we dont make a much metal on metal noise as well.

Sux balls.

No wonder we are the fattest nation on earth, physical activity is too noisy.

You are doing all you need to by not training early mornings (ie when people are sleeping), apart from that tell your neighbour to harden up.

Cool setup! Is the dart board for tricep isolation work?? :)

Cheers man. Yeah, it is :p. After a heavy session we throw a few darts, we rarly hit the board though hahaha.

Talking of home gyms.

Mine has.. twice....

Mine give me suspect looks after a heavy deadlift session. a hand full of bloke grunting and carrying on lol.
They got the idea when we started doing strongman stuff out the front lol.
The kicker from the brisbane broncos came round and had a chat to me.

Talking of home gyms.

Mine has.. twice....
No. But why would they. I walk outside and all I hear coming out of their house "(screaming) <insert random child's name> U f u c k i n g little ****. Why the f u c k would u do that u shithead. Come back here and clean it up or I'll f u c k i n g kick ur ass"

My Home Gym Setup Consists of

1 FID Bench
1 Flat bench
1 Olympic Bar
1 Standard Bar
Half Rack
Squat Rack
Lat Pulldown/Seated Row Machine
Power Tower
3 Pairs of screw collar D/B handles
220 Kg Olympic Plates
150 Kg Standard Plates

Never had any complaints from the neighbours, but always wondered what they think all the noise is?

powerrack.jpg

Mine now.

When I move out I might get a set of bumpers and kettlebells. really in no hurry though.

No. But why would they. I walk outside and all I hear coming out of their house "(screaming) <insert random child's name> U f u c k i n g little ****. Why the f u c k would u do that u shithead. Come back here and clean it up or I'll f u c k i n g kick ur ass"

lol, yer, my neighbours arnt quite like that haha. The only noise I hear is when their daughters have a party, or are in the spa.