• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Inspiration

I didn't mention any particular exercises in the article :p

FYI, we do all those lifts in a number of variations ;)

BRB doing max weight for 4 reps on concentration curls... :D

Last edited:
^ I saw video once of a bunch of guys competing in 1RM curls. It was so bad I got cancer. Fortunately I did some squats afterwards.

I didn't mention any particular exercises in the article :p

FYI, we do all those lifts in a number of variations ;)

BRB doing max weight for 4 reps on concentration curls... :D

Ah ok good. Thought i saw a mention of bodypart a day type programming in there.

Ah ok good. Thought i saw a mention of bodypart a day type programming in there.
Well you did see the mention of a bodypart a day program.

Just because we do a body part a day, does not mean we do not do compound movements (which the majority are). While we do have days that are based around accessory movements/bodyparts (arms etc), we have reasoning for that and not to mention that I/we are not powerlifters, hence why we do not do a standard/pure strength routine.

So yes, for a nOOb client I would not and do not suggest or implement a program anything like the one we do. As I mentioned in the blog, the program is NOT ideal, but for the situation at hand it is what suits. Hell most advanced trainers don't need to do that either, I don't even follow the 5 day split on the weeks (every 2nd) Jules' and I don't train together.

As our goals are not purely strength/power based, and more bodybuilding (for a better word) based the appropriate program is put in place. As mentioned in the blog, due to time restrictions unfortunately our accessory work is done on a separate day, which understandably makes it look like a very 'bro-tastic' program. :)