• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Myth Diet

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
Here's my diet, inspired by the current popular thread titled "Biggest Nutritional Myths".

Have only been on this for 5 weeks, but been consistent.
I don't know if it's right or wrong, but it's working for me.
My intentions with this diet is to gain lean mass slowly, and so far it's working well.
Currently 82kg and moderately active.

Breakfast:

5 x Large whole eggs
1 x Banana
2 x White toast with peanut butter
500ml whole milk + 60g super fine oats + 30g WPC

Before Bed Meal:

250g meat/chicken/etc
100g white rice (dry measure) or pasta
Small pack of microwave steamed vegies
500ml whole milk + 60g super fine oats + 30g WPC
50g Almonds

Protein = 216g - 27%
Carbs = 305g - 38%
Fats = 126g - 35%

Total calories = 3218

Anything look drastically wrong here?

Last edited:
When do you train? I know your diet is inspired by Martin's IF, but I don't think that's exactly how he lays out his IF plan.

Regardless, that looks fine to me. Good food, plenty of protein and it's working for you. And you don't have to worry about food during the day at all. Excellent.

I doubt I'd ever try something like that though. I enjoy eating too much :p

I have done IF for 8 weeks on a cut, and went well, but this diet isn't based on that.
The IF diet was alot higher on protein and very low on fat.
I found it very hard to fit the 3 meals in, in just the last 8 hours of the day.
Especially since they were low in fat, so had to eat so much, but was only about 2400 cals too.
Now I'm eating alot more fat, so it's easier for me to get calories in, as I'm generally not a big eater.

I just made this one up to suit my lifestyle.
I'm always very busy all throughout the day, so not having to worry about eating all day works well for me.

At the start, I was training first thing on an empty stomach before breakfast.
Lately, I've been training at night before my bedtime meal, usually on an empty stomach.
Have started to have a banana before night training lately for a small energy boost.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the warrior diet. Only issue is that nutrient timing isnt going to be great on x2 meals a day as compared to 3-4.

Hulk, you wanted to compare meals?

Morning
Around 9:30 I eat

Coconut water
Handful of frozen berries
Handful of frozen cherrys
Cup and half of oats
Table spoon of wheatgerm
2 scoops protien
Half cup of no fat yogurt
Blend, top up with water.

Handful of nuts or banana.

Dindins;
300gm meat tbone mostly
The other half of the plate is vegetables

Picnic bar

I think, overs years I've eaten alot, if you are serious about diet then you will hate eating, I mean at one stage I was constantly eating, It was no fun.

Two meals is wonderful, lots of energy, I love eating and enjoy my meals.
It feels (for me) less stress on the system.

SilverBack,

I see that our diets are relatively similar, both with the almost same size meat meal at night too.
I also agree with you about having alot of energy and less stress on the system, compared to constantly eating all day.

If this is working for you guys it must be a real time saver! I'd love to do it but i just find i'm hungry again 3 hours after even a breakfast that big.

If this is working for you guys it must be a real time saver! I'd love to do it but i just find i'm hungry again 3 hours after even a breakfast that big.

But if you eat a similarily sized breakfast, then wouldn't you be eating more than they are in total over the course of the day? Since you are eating multiple times? In which case your breakfast would be even bigger in a 2 meals a day plan.

Also, if you want to try something like this out, give it a week before you decide that it makes you too hungry as our body seems to get used to getting hungry when we normally feed it, so give it a week to get used to it.

But if you eat a similarily sized breakfast, then wouldn't you be eating more than they are in total over the course of the day? Since you are eating multiple times? In which case your breakfast would be even bigger in a 2 meals a day plan.

Also, if you want to try something like this out, give it a week before you decide that it makes you too hungry as our body seems to get used to getting hungry when we normally feed it, so give it a week to get used to it.

Thanks man but what I mean is i've been playing with meal frequency and size for about 15 years now and i've found that less than 3 (huge) meals a day doesn't work for me. Even 3 is pushing it, 4 is better.

The Hulks breakfast is almost exactly my normal breakfast. Replace Oatmass drink with Muscle Milk and you're there. I agree with Ugly though, even after those size meals I'll be hungry 2-3 hours later, not a psychological "I should eat now" type of thing, but a genuine, "my stomach is empty feed me you bastard" kind of hungry.

In saying that, I can do the IF thing without problem. If I decide to drop weight it tends to be my preferred method of eating, just saves time.

SilverBack,

I see that our diets are relatively similar, both with the almost same size meat meal at night too.
I also agree with you about having alot of energy and less stress on the system, compared to constantly eating all day.

Excellent.

I hope it works out long term for you.