• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Supplements - Your Opinion Please

relphick87

Below i have listed some supplements i plan on purchasing shortly, I have listeded brands and all ingredient quantities (per serving).

Please any feedback would be good. Anything on the list not needed? Anything i could add? Anything i might be taking too much of or too little of?

Micronized Creatine
: Dymatize Creatine (Creatine)
Carnitine: N O W A c e t y l - L - C a r n i tine (Carnitine)
Glucosamine: NOW Glucosamine & Chondroitin with MSM (Glucosaminem, Chondroitin, MSM)
Fish Oil: Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil (EPA 800mg, DHA 400mg, Mixed Fatty Acids, Vitamin E)
BCAA: Gaspari Nutrition BCAA 6000 (L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12)
Micronized Glutamine: Dymatize Glutamine (Glutamine)
Tribulus: 4Ever Fit: Trib 750 (Bulgarian Tribulus 45% Saponins, Avena Sativa)

Daily dosage:

Creatine: 20-30grams
Carnitine: 500-1500mg
Glucosamine: 1100mg
Chondroitin: 1200mg
MSM: 300mg
Vitamin E: 20UI
EPA: 800mg
DHA: 400mg
Mixed Fatty Acids: 800mg
L-Leucine: 4000mg
L-Valine: 1000mg
L-Isoleucine: 1000mg
Vitamin B6: 3mg
Vitamin B12: 3mcg
Glutamine: 10grams
Tribulus (45% saponins): 500mg
Avena Sativa: 250mg

PS Listed below are supplements i already have and would like to use up, so please take that in to account when giving feedback.

Protein: Cytosports Complete Whey Protein
Carbs: Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass
Casein: Gold Standard 100% Casein

Cheers,
Robert

Below i have listed some supplements i plan on purchasing shortly, I have listeded brands and all ingredient quantities (per serving).

Please any feedback would be good. Anything on the list not needed? Anything i could add? Anything i might be taking too much of or too little of?

Micronized Creatine
: Dymatize Creatine (Creatine) NOOO, there are much cheaper alternatives, Check the site sponsors
Carnitine: N O W A c e t y l - L - C a r n i tine (Carnitine) bahh, not required
Glucosamine: NOW Glucosamine & Chondroitin with MSM (Glucosaminem, Chondroitin, MSM) Proven to be useless.
Fish Oil: Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil (EPA 800mg, DHA 400mg, Mixed Fatty Acids, Vitamin E) Fuck dude you chose the most expensive F.O on the market. Again there are way cheaper alternatives
BCAA: Gaspari Nutrition BCAA 6000 (L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12) again, the site sponsors have much much cheaper BCAA's. Try Bulk Nutrients.
Micronized Glutamine: Dymatize Gl
utamine (Glutamine) Useless unless your recovering from illness. If you must try site sponsors again for much cheaper alternative
Tribulus: 4Ever Fit: T
rib 750 (Bulgarian Tribulus 45% Saponins, Avena Sativa) Tribulus.. Enough said.

Daily dosage:

Creatine: 20-30grams
Carnitine: 500-1500mg
Glucosamine: 1100mg
Chondroitin: 1200mg
MSM: 300mg
Vitamin E: 20UI
EPA: 800mg
DHA: 400mg
Mixed Fatty Acids: 800mg
L-Leucine: 4000mg
L-Valine: 1000mg
L-Isoleucine: 1000mg
Vitamin B6: 3mg
Vitamin B12: 3mcg
Glutamine: 10grams
Tribulus (45% saponins): 500mg
Avena Sativa: 250mg

PS Listed below are supplements i already have and would like to use up, so please take that in to account when giving feedback.

Protein: Cytosports Complete Whey Protein
Carbs: Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass
Casein: Gold Standard 100% Casein

Cheers,
Robert
Dude, you need reality check.

Firstly you are choosing supplements which really do nothing.
Glutamine, tribulus, L-Carnitine (skeptical) and secondly you have choosen mostly the expensive brands when you could probably spend 3/4 of the price or get more for the same price..

Cytopsport Complete Whey - C'mon dude buy bulk generic Whey and you will get no fillers, sugar or blended crap.
Serious Mass - Dude, your paying top dollar for cheap carb fillers.

Reality check - i think so.

Firstly you are choosing supplements which really do nothing.
Glutamine, tribulus, L-Carnitine (skeptical) and secondly you have choosen mostly the expensive brands when you could probably spend 3/4 of the price or get more for the same price..

Cytopsport Complete Whey - C'mon dude buy bulk generic Whey and you will get no fillers, sugar or blended crap.
Serious Mass - Dude, your paying top dollar for cheap carb fillers.

Reality check - i think so.

Cytosports i got half price at a charity deadlift event and serious mass i bought some time ago and will only use it to finish it off.

have heard about glutamine and tribulus being skeptical as to if it works or not but i guess without any clear proof you'll have to try it and see.

I haven't heard anything about L-carnitine but that is why i have posted, to ask questions from other people before buying these supps.

Why do you want to take Carnitine when supposedly it help to reduce fat yet you are using Mass gainer?

Seriously just buy these:

WPC in bulk (WPI if you are lactose intolerant like me)
Fish Oil - Chemist Warehouse is really cheap
Creatine Mono - In bulk (the only creatine proven to work)
Beta Alanine - In bulk

Thank me later.

Why do you want to take Carnitine when supposedly it help to reduce fat yet you are using Mass gainer?

Seriously just buy these:

WPC in bulk (WPI if you are lactose intolerant like me)
Fish Oil - Chemist Warehouse is really cheap
Creatine Mono - In bulk (the only creatine proven to work)
Beta Alanine - In bulk

Thank me later.

I have chosen fish oil higher in EPA and DHA as i don't eat any fish what so ever. Also the fish oil i have seen so fair in Australia is in low quantities of EPA/DHA.

Is Micronized Creatine ok? i just like how easily it mixes, no clumps at the bottom of the glass, good with orange juice.

Last edited:
If it is low in EPS/DHA double the dose, still lots cheaper.

As long as it is Creatine Mono it will be fine.

Purchased all my supps from a bulk manufacturer here in Aus, should work out to about twice the amount (or more) of product for the same price. Only thing is that i have read about the manufacturer and some of their products taste like **** but that doesn't matter, if it tasted good then everyone would be doing it.

Too Much way way too much a lot of the stuff you are taking is fighting each other, you are taking mass gainer yet you are also taking weight loss supplements:confused::confused:

On another note you are taking way too much creatine 5 grams per day is plenty to load and keep stores full, if impatient load for a week or two at 20gram then 5 gram per day after that. Secondly DO NOT take creatine with orange juice, it destroys it and makes it useless, so any creatine you take with orange juice consider that you never took it!!!!! Dont worry about mixing it in anything, harden up and scoop it into your mouth and wash it down with some water, if if too soft for that mix it into your protein shake:)

Read the creatine thread on this forum it's all explained.

Here is my advise and it is similar to what others have said:

Firstly use up all the crap you have left over up and do not buy any of it again.

Secondly follow a good diet (again read this forum and most if not all info is here).

Re supplements buy Bulk Creatine monohydrate from here for $19 per kilo, 100% pure no fillers or additives:
CREATINE MONOHYDRATE - 250G

Get some WPI or WPC from the same guys when placing your order.

and you are done!!!

They also have pre workout and BCAA formulas that are 100% pure with no fillers, and work better than any commercial product in supplement shops if you must insist!!!

Add a equality multi vitamin and fish oil and happy days!!!

Last edited:
Too Much way way too much a lot of the stuff you are taking is fighting each other, you are taking mass gainer yet you are also taking weight loss supplements:confused::confused:

On another note you are taking way too much creatine 5 grams per day is plenty to load and keep stores full, if impatient load for a week or two at 20gram then 5 gram per day after that. Secondly DO NOT take creatine with orange juice, it destroys it and makes it useless, so any creatine you take with orange juice consider that you never took it!!!!! Dont worry about mixing it in anything, harden up and scoop it into your mouth and wash it down with some water, if if too soft for that mix it into your protein shake:)

Read the creatine thread on this forum it's all explained.

Here is my advise and it is similar to what others have said:

Firstly use up all the crap you have left over up and do not buy any of it again.

Secondly follow a good diet (again read this forum and most if not all info is here).

Re supplements buy Bulk Creatine monohydrate from here for $19 per kilo, 100% pure no fillers or additives:
CREATINE MONOHYDRATE - 250G

Get some WPI or WPC from the same guys when placing your order.

and you are done!!!

They also have pre workout and BCAA formulas that are 100% pure with no fillers, and work better than any commercial product in supplement shops if you must insist!!!

Add a equality multi vitamin and fish oil and happy days!!!

as for the mass gainer i don't plan on using at this stage.

by the way I ended up buying all my supps from bulknutrients.com.au

the 20g of creatine would only be for the loading stages and about the OJ, i'll keep that in mind.

Thanks

Like I said you are best off getting to basics of good nutrition and hard training right, with some basic supplements, a lot of the stuff (supplements) is all hype and smoke and mirrors and is simply a way of conning $$$ out of your pocket.

Loook at what you want to achieve and train and eat accordingly, assisted by some basic supplements.

PS the mass gainer is only cheap protein (wpc often blended with other cheap low quality proteins) and a heap of sugar blended together and sold at insane profit margins, in some cases you are paying about $20-30 for a kilo of dextrose (sugar). :eek:

So you can make your own better quality mass gainer by adding dextrose (about $3 per kilo) to a pure WPC or WPI protein at a ratio of 50/50 and mixing it in full cream milk for around a 1/4 the cost of the commercial mass gainer stuff, without all the fillers and weird and wonderful chemicals and additives.

Good luck in your training, you should consider entering the 2012 Body Transformation Comp.

So you can make your own better quality mass gainer by adding dextrose (about $3 per kilo) to a pure WPC or WPI protein at a ratio of 50/50 and mixing it in full cream milk for around a 1/4 the cost of the commercial mass gainer stuff, without all the fillers and weird and wonderful chemicals and additives.

Good luck in your training, you should consider entering the 2012 Body Transformation Comp.

will keep that in mind Mick, thanks

imo the 2 best supplements are porterhouse steaks and a carton of eggs. I have a serving of each everyday.

Yeah I like my steaks too, but not everyone can afford a porterhouse everyday.

A serving of whey is loads cheaper.

Shrek you should try the Angus Beef Burgers from Coles, you get 4 for $6, very bloody nice make a great meal with some fresh veggies.

But you are right I love the convenience of shakes as there is no way I could eat as often as some do here, I only have two meals a day, lunch and dinner, never feel like breakfast, so I have a shake first thing in the morning or sometimes a fruit smoothy with WPI added, and another shake before bed, sort of makes it four meals a day and ensures I get adequate protein.

I do snack on some fruit, home made beef jerky and almonds during the day at work as well!