• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need a body building plan

B

Big_D7474

Hey guys

My name is Darren and I'am 18 years of age. I'am approx. 6ft tall, skinny, blonde hair and need muscle/body figure! (way too thin, embarrasing!)

Goal!:

1) Feel/look healthier
2) Prove that skinny 'twig' people can become units
3) Build upper body muscle (arms, chest, back etc)
4) See a noticeable result withhin 3-5 months
5) Be proud

I can workout mon-fri (preferred days but can do on sat/sun) and this is the following equipment i have/getting (have = H, getting = G)

G: Benchpress
G: ***Not quite sure of the name, its a bar with ripples in it (incline bar i think not too sure)***
H: Dumbbells
H: Matt
H: Boxing bag and gloves

Want i need to know is a good 5 day a week plan/schedule which i can use to build my upper body (not worried about legs)

I eat healthy and I am pretty fit at running. However, extremly thin and twig like. I also have protien powder.

E.g. if some one can get me something like (rep amount would be helpful, do not worry about weight (in KG)

Mon: Back
Tues: arms
etc etc

would be highly appriecated! i am educating myself on how to do excercises and muscle (vidoes off utube etc) weights,

Im new to the forum so please say hi =D

GO THE AUSSIES

yer like..

sorta wasnt helpful lol, comment on the thread plz

thanks

Silverback means that you should add squats to your routine and start worrying about legs because it's the legs that act as pillars. You really do noit want to add size to your upper body without adding size to your legs.

Adrian, shouldnt this thread be moved out of the strength and powerlifting section and into the bodybuilding bit?

If not, it defeats the purpose of having the two different sections.

He has zero aspirations for getting stronger.

sorry PTC for posting this in the wrong thread, must have missed it,

is there anyway i can get it moved, or if an admin can move it

sorry for defeating the purpose, did not mean too.

Oh its not your fault buddy, its just that you'll get a better response on the dark side.

Look at Oli, pushing his powerlifting crap on you lol, he is such a knuckle dragger lol

LOL PTC

do u like star wars? ( u mentioned the dark side)

is it possilbe to move this thread or do i have to make a new one on the other sub forum (dont want to spam)

thanks

yer like..

sorta wasnt helpful lol, comment on the thread plz

thanks

My comment was more relevent to your description of hair color.

It was a suggestion, if you run with it you will save yourself a lot of time and money.

Keep in mind if you want to be strong, throw a good punch and stay mobile you must squat, most power originates from the legs and hip.

Hi silverback

Fair enough on the relevance question. Sorta got shutdow so.. yeah :( dammit!

I will do squats (have to make sure i get the tecnqiue right)

Is there any site/link which can give me a week workout description, i dont want you to right it out, u have been very helpful.

Thanks again.

P.S dam again on the relevance come back :(

david drappers instructions

thats the sight u were referring too?

Last edited:
Oh its not your fault buddy, its just that you'll get a better response on the dark side.

Look at Oli, pushing his powerlifting crap on you lol, he is such a knuckle dragger lol

You just hate me because I dont do concentration curls :p

PTC

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

I will try that, so every mon wed and friday? could it possibly be mon/wed/fri/sun

thanks again for moving, dont feel AS embarrased now

Have a look at Dave Drapers site, in particular Dan Johns description of the Goblet Squat it well help you learn how to squat.

Do chin-ups where and when ever you can.

Hi silver back

Yeah ive been checking it out, I am just being extra cautious so i dont end up hurting myself

You said to add chin ups whenevver you can

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8
CHIN UPS (? x ?)

Is it ok if i did 4 times a week ( mon, wed, fri, sun)

Thanks silverback, champ!

splendid, do it every day learn the movment, get back to us for further instruction after three months.
start a log here.
I wouldn't be overly concerned with progress at this stage just learn the movement, get into a habit of exercising, pace yourself.
PTC

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

I will try that, so every mon wed and friday? could it possibly be mon/wed/fri/sun

thanks again for moving, dont feel AS embarrased now

Hi silver back

Yeah ive been checking it out, I am just being extra cautious so i dont end up hurting myself

You said to add chin ups whenevver you can

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8 remove
CHIN UPS (? x ?) 3 x 8 (add weight progressively)

Is it ok if i did 4 times a week ( mon, wed, fri, sun)

Thanks silverback, champ!
there you go

Do chin-ups everyday, if you see a bar that you can use do some: 3,4,1 doesn't matter just do as many as you can.

Between sets, at the park. A tree... Anything.

I still think mines better, but that routine isnt too bad.

Ditch the chin ups though, way too much volume.

Silver and Shrek

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8 remove
CHIN UPS (? x ?) 3 x 8 (add weight progressively)

Do i have to remove the BB curls? (i would like to see some noticable results at 5 months time)

Also, is 4 days ok? mon wed fri sun

Thanks guys again, il make sure il

Il keep the log once ive begun

thanks guy ^^