• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New gym stuff??

LOL nah they do it alright .. just saying if at 800 a pop not worth the money if you just got a home gym.
He thing takes up some space as well.

Get a ssb and use that FTW.

LOL nah they do it alright .. just saying if at 800 a pop not worth the money if you just got a home gym.
He thing takes up some space as well.

Get a ssb and use that FTW.

Thanks Trent this is the sort of info I am after from people with one.

In saying that I am into overkill for my home gym. Lol. Already have a SSB and love it.

You already have a GHR dont you?

Yeah. While a GHR is a overkill for a home gym it has been some of the best money I have spent for fixing my back.

I'm going to give the reverse hyper a miss at the moment just throwing some ideas around.

Just read your thread title lol .

get the trap bar. Cheap and carrys over. Know a guy who has never done conventional deads. Go from 220 on the trap to 250 on conventional. He played Aussie NFL. Gonna start experimenting with this in the programming soon

Just read your thread title lol .

get the trap bar. Cheap and carrys over. Know a guy who has never done conventional deads. Go from 220 on the trap to 250 on conventional. He played Aussie NFL. Gonna start experimenting with this in the programming soon

LOL, maybe read the thread title's before replying ;).

I find the GHR (not GHD, we arent hair dressers), the single most effective hamstring exercise you can do.
When I got mine I could SLDL 170kg 3x5 and not perform 1 un-assisted GHR.....

How do you guys usually do GHRs.

Do you go all the way down and start with a back raise then pulling the body all the way up. Or just go to parallel and then back up.

You have a force one yeah? Or you make it?

If you have a force one, and cant do a proper GHR..
Start with your knees of the support pad, just resting your quads on the pad. Have the feet pads as low as possible. This is the easiest level to start from.

Kneel erect, with backs of hands on hamstrings.

Lower until legs lock out straight, pull back with hammys, making sure you dont break at the hips.

Once you can get 3x12 out, bring your knees forward onto the pad. start back at 3x5>3x8>3x10>3x12 then bring the feet rest up 2/3 of the way.
Repeat this process until the feet are at the top.
Once at the top, and got 3x12, drop the foot pad to the bottom, and bring the the whole back plate 1 hole closer. The higher your knees on the pad, the harder it will be.

Yeah force one.

I can do a about 15 reps with knees touching pad.

What I was asking was do you go right down head almost touching ground and start it with a back raise or do it the way louie shows in his videos go down until body is straight out then pull back up with the hams, basically just a reverse ham curl, no breaking of the hips at all.

Last edited:
Do t go all the way to the floor, could gain momentum. I do it like Louie says.
Bring your knees higher on the pad by moving the entire foot plate forward. It will be much harder.

Do t go all the way to the floor, could gain momentum. I do it like Louie says.
Bring your knees higher on the pad by moving the entire foot plate forward. It will be much harder.

Cool. I tried both ways and settled on the way Louie says for the exact reason you mentioned. Also if I want to do a back raise I'll just do a back raise.

I haven't tried it but putting a plate under the back and inclining the whole machine will make it harder.

I'm thinking i might have to add some weight rather than put my knees too much higher on the pad because my knees are already fucked from footy and they don't like it putting them up high on the pad.

Thanks again for the advise sticky.