• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New IPF Rule Wording.

Sherro

Found this on powerliftingwatch.com. The new wording would mean I can't compete IPF (not that I plan to) because my left elbow doesn't fully straighten thanks to an unfortunate collision with some extremely hard concrete at a young age.

Updated IPF Rulebook valid 01.01.2011

Submitted by admin on January 4, 2011 - 4:19am.

From Anton Kraft:
The IPF Rulebook has been updated!
But the new wording does not match the last minutes report done by IPF's Secretary General Emanuel Scheiber. So why is that???? Fact is, if the new wording stands, a lot of bench pressers in the open division, and also a huge amount in the master 1, 2, 3 and 4 division will have to leave the IPF and there local federation, because they will no longer be able to compete any competition under the IPF.

The only consequence of this will a downsizing of members in the IPF and growing in all the other federations.

Updated IPF Rulebook valid 01.01.2011
Bench Press:
6. After removing the bar from the racks, with or without the help of the spotter / loaders, the lifter shall wait with straight arms elbows locked for the Chief Referee’s signal. The signal shall be given as soon as the lifter is motionless and the bar properly positioned. For reasons of safety the lifter will be requested to “Re-place” the bar, together with a backward movement of the arm, if after a period of five seconds he is not in the correct position to begin the lift. The Chief Referee will then convey the reason why the signal was not given.
8. After receiving the signal, the lifter must lower the bar to the chest (the chest, for the purpose of the rule, finishes at the base of the sternum / breastbone), hold it motionless on the chest, after which the Chief referee will signal the audible command “Press”. The lifter must then return the bar to straight arms length elbows locked. When held motionless in this position the audible command “Rack” shall be given together with a backward motion of the arm.
Technical Rules book of the International Powerlifting Federation
IPF Technical Rules book 19 January 2011
Causes for Disqualification of a Bench press:

5. Failure to press the bar to straight arms length elbows locked at the completion of the lift.

And here is the wording from the last minutes from the IPF congress in South Africa 2010
Bench Press:
5. The spacing of the hands shall not exceed 81 cm measured between the forefingers (both
forefingers must be within the 81 cm marks and the whole of the forefingers must be in
contact with the 81 cm marks if maximum grip is used). If in the case of some old injury or
anatomically the lifter is unable to grip the bar equally with both hands he must inform the
referees prior to lift-off for each attempt and if necessary the bar will be marked accordingly.
The use of the reverse grip is forbidden.

Seconder:EC

Vote: 30/1/0

**proposal accepted
9.If anatomically, the arms cannot be fully extended the lifter must produce a certificate issued by the Medical Committee. The maximum allowable is 15 degrees out of true.

Seconder:EC

** accepted unanimously

Updated IPF Rulebook valid 01.01.2011 | Powerlifting Watch

Wouldn't you, with your condition, still qualify under Point 9?

9.If anatomically, the arms cannot be fully extended the lifter must produce a certificate issued by the Medical Committee. The maximum allowable is 15 degrees out of true.

Isn't the whole point of any movement to complete... the whole movement?

If someone doesn't finish the lockout they haven't finished the lift.

Obviously if you can't physically extend your elbow to that point you have a dilemma, although others have mentioned section C paragraph 48 subsection xyz caters to this within reason.

I cant lockout my left elbow, but yer, rule 9 would still allow me to lift, if i wanted to lift ipf.

My mrs can lock out her elbows past straight it fucking freaks me out...

I imagine if she ever benched REAL heavy she would cave them in..

/HYJACK

But yeah if u dont lfie with them fuck them .

My ex could do that, hyperflexibility.

Her friend is the same. She wears this constant knee brace because her knee can bend both backwards and forwards. Reverse squats ftw.

The rule 9 part that allows the medical exemption hasn't been accepted as an amendment to the current rule book. The vote was passed but it needs to be ratified or something like that. Totalstrength i care about these rules because while I don't compete with IPF I am a powerlifter and I am interested in the sport as a sport.