• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

new to power lifting

Have you Brisbane guys checked out University of Queensland Powerlifting and Weightlifting Club?

The head coach is Andrew Logan, who was (and still is) one of the best ever squatters in Australia. Lots of good lifters there and reportedly a very good club to train at, good environment, good people, very good equipment.

The University of Qld Powerlifting&Weightlifting Club Inc (UQPWC)

Including club comps, there are about 6 comps a year usually as well.

Jeff Lam is opening a gym in Brisbane, he's a pretty good lifter as well I hear.
I reckon you might be right...

Powerlifting

bodyweight 88.4kg
Squat 280kg
Bench 215kg
Deadlift 255kg (F 270kg)
Total 750kg

That's some good lifts. Would love to have him show me the ropes...

Cheers,
Mike

Lol, I don't know about his squat or dead, but I know his bench is much higher now. I've seen 235kg in training. Would have passed in comp for sure too.
Mike, I'm heading down at about 4pm on Sunday (open day) if you wanted to catch up.
Posted via Mobile Device

are you lifting sticky on sunday ??? also did your tiger flights get re arranged.... my times got changed... not happy. Are your still the same ?

Your new flights details are as follows.

Wed, 11 Aug 2010
Flight TT5203 from Brisbane to Melbourne now departs at 12:15 and arrives at 14:35 hrs

Mon, 16 Aug 2010
Flight TT5208 from Melbourne to Brisbane now departs at 17:25 and arrives at 19:45 hrs

Yeah mate, Ill be benching with him because I cant make my saturday morning session with him and Mason - as long as his not too busy that is, it is open day.

Your new flights details are as follows.

Wed, 11 Aug 2010
Flight TT5203 from Brisbane to Melbourne now departs at 12:15 and arrives at 14:35 hrs

Mon, 16 Aug 2010
Flight TT5208 from Melbourne to Brisbane now departs at 17:25 and arrives at 19:45 hrs

God damn them. I was wanting to leave for PTC around 4ish. Gunna be tough now.