• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New to training, help with supplements

Bonfield

Hi, i am pretty new to training and would like advice on what supplements to use, at the moment I have no shotgun, international protein wpi and megass forte. I think it is missing in a few areas but I really have no idea

Any information on what I should add to what I already have would be great

Also was paying $240 for the above stuff a good price?

Last edited:
What is your diet like more importantly? I.E calorie breakdown, macronutrient breakdown and what is your usual daily food type intake?

That will determine what supplements you need and what area's your are missing.

Also you are spending WAY to much on the supplements you are currently using. Welcome to Bulk Nutrients has everything required at much cheaper prices.

You need food abduction good training not supplements. Do yourself a favour and save your money.

Thanks for the quick reply, my diet is pretty lax, I try to eat healthy stuff like chicken wraps salad etc no scheduled diet yet

I brought that all off a mate I wasn't sure of what everything cost and he told me it was a good deal, turns out not so much

Should I get stuff like creatine, bcaas, and if so what kind? I have looked around and there is so many possibilities, also I weigh 87kg and am planning to just increase size/strength if that makes a differance

I will be sure to check out that website

Food abduction? I'm not relying on supplements doing the work just to assist with recovery, I wouldn't say I eat too much

Last edited:
Ensuring you are meeting nutrient requirements is what determines body composition and 'recovery'. Not the supplements.

You can take any supplements you want, but if you nutritional requirements are not being met you will not get any results!

If you are eating 'healthy' chances are you are not consuming what you should and you are deficient, so nutritionally you will not be able to support your body composition goals.

Thanks for the quick reply, my diet is pretty lax, I try to eat healthy stuff like chicken wraps salad etc no scheduled diet yet

I brought that all off a mate I wasn't sure of what everything cost and he told me it was a good deal, turns out not so much

Should I get stuff like creatine, bcaas, and if so what kind? I have looked around and there is so many possibilities, also I weigh 87kg and am planning to just increase size/strength if that makes a differance

I will be sure to check out that website

Food abduction? I'm not relying on supplements doing the work just to assist with recovery, I wouldn't say I eat too much

Fucking auto correct!!!! It made my and into abduction.

It has nothing to do with reliance but the fact you need rest and food to recover not any supplements (bar a protein powder which I count as food). Listen to Max and he will set you straight.

Thanks yeah I will, it looks like he knows his stuff

I was just after what supplements I would need to get as much as I can out of each workout

So what should I do? Add bcaas, fish oil, creatine?
The first thing you should do is answer this question - What is your diet like more importantly? I.E calorie breakdown, macronutrient breakdown and what is your usual daily food type intake?

I concur with dave, Protein powder is a 'food', so it could be used in your day to day diet to cut down on food cost and prep times etc. Have a read - The BodyEvolution Report: What You Need To Know About Supplements - Protein Powder

Depending on your diet, the only possible supplements that are worth the $$ are fish oil, a multi-vitamin and for exercise performance (purely OPTIONAL) creatine and beta alanine. Feel free to have a coffee pre workout!