• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Norse power rack

Something not right there:

Tube Size 70mm x 50mm x 2.0mm

Muscle Motion rack is 100mm x 50mmm x 3.0mm
70mm x 50mm x 2.0mm is not commercial.

If you look at this Gym Direct listing, you will see Norse simply photoshopped the last pic from the bottom of the page.
The original photo of "REAL" product was take approx 3 years ago.
http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/HPRSP-Commercial-Power-Rack/355.htm

I would not feel comfortably purchasing from a company copying and photoshopping pics, then changing specifications of the product to mislead you thinking it's the same product.

Last edited:
If it looks too good to be true...

Ay to that mate....exactly!

Hulk, I never noticed it was Photoshopped, just looked the same to me.

Oh well my adventures of finding bargains on the interweb continues :p

twas not to be :(

Gymdirect sell quality.

We have guys regularly squatting well over 250kg at PTC, our MM commercial rack still looks brand new.

And the chin bar is still painfully grippy!!!

Hmm I would be interested to know what the bearing capacity difference is between a 3mm 100*50 Rhs and 70*50 2mm Rhs on edge? My guess is both are well in excess of what a human will ever squat. Maybe some of the engineers on the forum can give us n idea? I doubt it really makes a difference to the cages ability to catch the load. The pins will be the critical point during lift failure.

I'm gonna say that looks like a good buy if the layout is the same as the muscle motion rack. Especially if your in WA as that is where they are based. My guess is they would kill any other supplier trying to freight from the east coast.

At the end of the day this shit is all getting manufactured in china and the quality is all pretty much the same. Often it is coming from the same supplier over there and just getting rebranded. Although these guys have obviously changed the design slightly probably to make it cheaper to build and slightly cheaper to freight.