• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nutrition for my 4 year old

bradsky

do I even lift?
This might sound wrong, but I need to get some meat on my 4 year old.

He was brought up fairly healthy, good clean diet.

The problem is he has no appetite, he is very skinny.

He doesn't like lollies or soft-drink, doesn't drink cordial. He only drinks water and milk, also chocolate milk. Doesn't like ice cream, about the only unhealthy thing he eats is chocolate!!

Should I just let nature take its course?

force feed a bit?

or try and get him to eat more fatty foods????

I really don't want to start feeding him crap and undo his good eating habits.

I'm leaning towards force feeding, worked for me.

(when i say force feed I mean, EAT YOU DAMN DINNER!!not actual spoon in mouth force)

Last edited:
This might sound wrong, but I need to get some meat on my 4 year old.

He was brought up fairly healthy, good clean diet.

The problem is he has no appetite, he is very skinny.

He doesn't like lollies or soft-drink, doesn't drink cordial. He only drinks water and milk, also chocolate milk. Doesn't like ice cream, about the only unhealthy thing he eats is chocolate!!

Should I just let nature take its course?

force feed a bit?

or try and get him to eat more fatty foods????

I really don't want to start feeding him crap and undo his good eating habits.

I'm leaning towards force feeding, worked for me.

(when i say force feed I mean, EAT YOU DAMN DINNER!!not actual spoon in mouth force)

Buddy.... Perhaps you need to first outline why he needs to add weight... Is there a specific reason...

Its very weird that he doesnt like any of that stuff....make sure you dont turn him into a picky eater like alot of parents do where they give there kids way to many choices...

But as Nazzy said does he really need to gain weight and why?

I personally wouldn't be that concerned unless a medical professional was warning you about his condition. Just continue persevering and let nature take its course.

I apparently ate little as a toddler, and was skinny as a teen (as many are) and eventually filled out properly as an adult. I never had any medical issues....I think it's just nature mate.

Buddy.... Perhaps you need to first outline why he needs to add weight... Is there a specific reason...

No reason, just hell skinny, gets owned at sports and by his little sister :D

Its very weird that he doesnt like any of that stuff....make sure you dont turn him into a picky eater like alot of parents do where they give there kids way to many choices...

Yer that's where my old man did well, made me eat all my meals. Did suck at the time, but I am not a picky eater now days like allot of people I know.

I personally wouldn't be that concerned unless a medical professional was warning you about his condition. Just continue persevering and let nature take its course.

I apparently ate little as a toddler, and was skinny as a teen (as many are) and eventually filled out properly as an adult. I never had any medical issues....I think it's just nature mate.

yer, might just be the way he is. He might even be the "normal" kid among the fatties... he has a very clean diet.

Force him to take creatine and make him do prowler push's instead of his homework.
^^^Cleary joking.... Would be pretty cool though.... Not the creatine part but the getting a kid into lifting real young. And before someone gets all pissy KungFooGoo is not having kids so chill out.

EDIT: let nature take its course, that's a better way, he's only 4

My other answer was to much of a rant TBH

Last edited:
I have the answer....

3beefcake.gif

I think just let nature take its course. My 3 kids all eat pretty clean too. My almost 4 year old eats a truck load of food and is still scrawny. I wouldn't worry to much but just my opinion.

Be careful.not to project your body image issues onto your kids. (I have 3 kids, one of whom is scrawny)

Anyone watch 300 last night or ever watched it? Thats how you gotta bring ya kids up :p

Does Ausbb even lift tho? Or give it 110%....those 300 guys seem to be givin everything 110%...