• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Olympic lifting thread

spartacus

Thought I would put a thread for those few forum members that are interested in competing in Olympic lifting.

I used to compete in early 1980s; did a 95kg snatch and 110kg clean an jerk once in the Hawthorn champs, although I lifted 120kg in a club lift at my athletics club. At the time, at around 80kg and 187cm, I could also jerk 137.5kg off a rack.

have any other forum members competed in Olympic lifting, or interested in competing again?

I am aiming to compete again in 2014, but hopefully to lift around 75kg snatch and maybe 110kg clean and jerk, not big lifts but reasonable for someone in their 50s.

I am aiming to compete next year, been doing it for about 5 month now, got a 85kg snatch and 105kg clean and Jerk, my aim is 100kg snatch and 120kg clean and jerk before I compete, im only 29 so I have no excuse

[MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; have you been to The Strong Room in Oakleigh?

Crossfit aside ... they also have classes for olympic lifting and it's a great fit out.

I've not been yet as it's way on the other side of Melbs for me, but hope to visit over summer. Would love to spend a while with Lester Ho there.

I will compete next year, I checked the rankings for qld and I would be sitting 19th at the moment for my division, I would like a 100kg snatch and 120 clean and jerk before I compete, that should have me around top 10 whisk would be nice, I'm sure the levels going to pick up dramatically over the next few years with it being a major part of crossfit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what about you viv?

me? you mean, compete?

never. I don't do the competing thing.

plus, olympic lifting would be a no no for me ...my left scapula throwing random wobblies means things like clean and jerk or snatches with the bar are more dangerous than wise and anything overhead is a bad idea.

I shall remain pathetic in the overhead lifting dept all my life, unless I have surgery and even then...

But I love to watch the sport!