• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

One armed barbell rows

0ni

Registered Rustler
Thoughts? It's like a t-bar row but you row that fucker with one arm
Looks like you would get a better range of motion with one arm as well and it looks cool as fuck. Option of using a fat grip also

Single arm dumbbell rows will target the back better than your conventional BB bent row, both great exercises, but like you Oni it's just a tool nothing more, nothing less.

And just like standing press versus seated, they can not be compared, both are different exercises.

At home my adjustable dumbbells go to 37.5kg (unless I use big 20kg plates that don't allow a good ROM), which I can easily do for sets of 12reps, no problem. If I put the big 20kg plates on (so not full ROM, maybe 80% ROM) doing sets of 5reps @ 50kg isn't particularly hard. I know I could get a 60kg fixed dumbbell, but for $180 + shipping, its a little more then i'd like to spend on something that is fixed weight.

Maybe I could 1 arm row my normal olympic bar, just got to get my hand perfectly in the middle of the bar I guess. I'm trying that tomorrow.

Just so you know the thread is about BARBELL rows not dumbbell rows. Like this video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExuDK5iWKM8]One Arm Barbell Rows - YouTube[/ame]