• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions on my new Diet i made thanks

Sav

New Year, starting a new diet when i finish holiday after my 2 week diet break, im 168cm and weigh 75kg, i've been dieting since March last year on a keto diet and when from 119kg to what i am now, just want some opinions on my new diet plan thanks
RpS_smile.gif

Breakfest; 60g Rolled Oats
1 Whole Egg & 150ml Egg Whites
1 Multivitamin & 1 Fish Oil Tab

Mid Morning; Protein Shake
1 Banana

Lunch; 100-150g Brown Rice,
185g Tuna in Olive Oil Tin
1 Fish Oil Tab

Afternoon; Protein Shake
30g Almonds

Dinner; 150g Meat/Chicken
Green Vegies (Broccoli, Beans, Peas)
1 Fish Oil Tab

PWO; Protein Shake as i hit gym after Dinner

1,650-1700 Calories, 110-120g Carbs, 50g Fat, 180g Protein

Last edited:
I'll get back to you once i've got more free time if you can wait till monday :) I'm sure some of the others will have some decent feedback for you until then :)

First off, what is your goal? Gain or continue losing? To me that is still a calorie deficit.

I'd say you need a full diet break, as hormonally I'm sure there has been a downgrade.

Fat are too low.

well i want to get rid my of my belly as i still got a bit of fat there, since xmas ive been on a diet break as im on holidays till monday, i wanna gain muscle but i just wanna flat stomach first

First of all congrats on the weight loss, i personally think you need to add an extra 20% to the proportion sizes as there is not enough calories in that diet.
I would be afraid that my body would adjust to a low calorie diet and once i returned back to normal eating that i would put all the weight back on, which has happened to me twice in the last 5 years.

thanks, never thought about how my body would adjust to low cal, so around 1900-2000 calories to start off with? i wanna lose bodyfat and maintain as much muscle as i can

Yeah that sounds about right to me, maybe even 2000-2400 depending on how active you are, although please note that i am no expert, hopefully some-one with a bit more knowledge can confirm this.

OP, I'd suggest starting on 2250-2300 calories (your bodyweight x 30 calories) and track your progress from there. As Skylion mentioned, it will be effected by how active you are.

Having/being in a large calorie deficit is not needed and can quickly lead to large hormonal downgrades. Which long term can make things more difficult. By starting at that calorie intake and tracking your progress after 2 weeks, adjust your calories if needed by 10%.

You need to have a read also of my thread on losing fat while gaining muscle, it is really informative :)

alright ill up my calories a bit, can u suggest any others foods i could add into my typical meal plan i posted earlier as im gonna struggle to hit that much calories i think.

i work as a courier so im pretty much driving/moving from 8-5 monday to friday so i guess im pretty active.

Calorie dense foods - eggs, beef, lamb, turkey, chicken thigh, cheese, nuts and nut butters, chocolate, ice-cream etc etc

Chocolate, Ice cream? Lol I hit about 2000 calories yesterday according to myfitness pal and that was 200g protein/160g carbs/60g fats. I added more brown rice to my lunch which is 200g now. And brought some cottage cheese as a after dinner snack