• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Participants in Resistance training study - Campbelltown, Sydney

haz

Hey guys,

Long time no type. I am conducting a study as we speak on the effects of volume on acute fatigue. Some researchers state the which ever program elicits the most acute fatigue will produce the best results. My supervisor conducted a 12 week study with 1, 4 and 8 sets to failure. He found that the 8 set group had a much larger increase in back squat strength (proably due to increase fatigue, we dont know how much it differed).
We do not know the acute effects of doing 8 sets as no one has studies it. I will be measuring fatigue by force loss as well as nerve stimulation.
Nerve stimulation will allow me to assess how well you are able to activate all your motor units. Many of you cannot activate the complete muscle voluntarily. Ive tested people who can only do 80%, I can do 95-98% most days. This is an adaptation of strength training. I will also be able to tell how much fatigue is in the muscle, which would mean that the muscle is fatigued, and cause adaptations to the muscle tissue.

It's interesting and I can talk about it more if you want.

You must:
- be resistance trained
--- this means in scientific circles (1.3 x bw back squat, and 1x BW bench, For the ladies its the same squat, but a 0.8x bw bench)
- I will only require you two testing sessions, one is the familarisation and the other is the testing (8 sets of front squats at 80% 1rm)
- its at the UWS Campbelltown campus.

I will be able to tell you how well you can activate your nervous system and possibily how much volume you require to sufficiently fatigue. I hope to allow to be able to tell you if you are a "responder" to volume. All this information can be used to improve your training of your squat.

If you're interested PM me or write on this page, I can send you more info.

Any questions, fire away. Im trying to make scientific research a bit cooler.

Last edited:
Hey mate,

I'm still doing my last semester of Sports and Ex. Science this year.

Do you need any helpers? I'd also meet the criteria for squat and bench, so I'm happy to help out either way.

Hey Eman,

I'd love for you to be a subject. I could probably use a helper as well. Come do the study and then see if you'd like to help out.

I know its holidays but if you want to come to uni next week, We can do your familisation and 1rm frontsquat testing anytime on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesay.