• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Poll on Chicken Farming

Are chickens better off in a Cage or living Free Range in a Paddock??

• Total voters
Free range all da way.

Srsly, how much damage are we doing to the environment by letting some animals run around in paddocks?

Most kunce cruising around in big arse suv's or v8's are doing more harm to the environment everyday sitting in traffic than worrying about some birds running around in a paddock.

I said this before. Free range hens use up more land. Are about 10% less feed efficient and have higher death rates. That equates to more pollution, worse for the environment and more land used.

With over half a billion egg and meat chickens raised per year in Aus that adds up.

Using rough figures 10% feed efficiency works out to be an extra 200 thousand tons of feed annually for the same meat and eggs from chickens. Insignificant? Lol.

Last edited:
I said this before. Free range hens use up more land. Are about 10% less feed efficient and have higher death rates. That equates to more pollution, worse for the environment and more land used.

With over half a billion egg and meat chickens raised per year in Aus that adds up.

Using rough figures 10% feed efficiency works out to be an extra 300 thousand tons of feed annually for the same meat and eggs from chickens. Insignificant? Lol.

I have to agree with Baz here (ZOMG) - in a perfect world chicken would roam around and we would pick chicken breasts and fried eggs off golden raindbow made of unicorns but come on guys - sometimes we have to draw the line where an animal is simply a product for a human to eat/live off etc - we have to take the emotional connection away from the animal and see if nothing more than something that is helping us live - the conditions that most chickens live in these days is not what is used to be - yes they are still caged but they are simply a machine producing a product - sorry if that sounds cold but its true.

Rugby's rant - but no wonder the world is like it is with every little thing needing to pass through the 'political correctness' barrier.

Free range all da way.

Srsly, how much damage are we doing to the environment by letting some animals run around in paddocks?

Most kunce cruising around in big arse suv's or v8's are doing more harm to the environment everyday sitting in traffic than worrying about some birds running around in a paddock.

Is it better for the Chicken to roam Free?
1. maybe for the chicken, it will not improve the egg, or its production.
2. roaming free is not good for the environment, dirty little bastards.

introduced animals are spoiling it for the indigenous species.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

and secondly;

Why do you all get all emotional when you find yourselves agreeing with someone you have issues with?

It's a bloody forum, an opportunity to grow, learn, leave the Kuntyness in your bedroom just read the words.

If I wanted to grow I'd shove an acorn up my arse.

Free-Range ftw. And of course it's for the good of the animal. I don't give a flying fek about productivity or something as trivial as 'the facts' :cool:

If I wanted to grow I'd shove an acorn up my arse.

Free-Range ftw. And of course it's for the good of the animal. I don't give a flying fek about productivity or something as trivial as 'the facts' :cool:

Higher death rates in free range. I guess more dead animals must means its good for them.

Lol... Better a short life in the sun than a long life in a cage m8.

Maybe we could go back to juicing them up too.. That might improve their quality of life... Or it must just lead to a spike in chicken on chicken steroid induced violence.

Lol... Better a short life in the sun than a long life in a cage m8.

Maybe we could go back to juicing them up too.. That might improve their quality of life... Or it must just lead to a spike in chicken on chicken steroid induced violence.

Dead animals can't be sold. Therefore more inefficient.

Ah. Steroids used on chickens. Again don't let facts get in the way of a good story. They were tried in like the 60s or 70 and abandoned because they didn't work very well as chickens are already very good feed converters. They have been banned for around 40 years.

Try again buddy.

Dead animals can't be sold. Therefore more inefficient.

Ah. Steroids used on chickens. Again don't let facts get in the way of a good story. They were tried in like the 60s or 70 and abandoned because they didn't work very well as chickens are already very good feed converters. They have been banned for around 40 years.

Try again buddy.

Hey Bazz

Qc7Ty.gif

Higher death rates in free range.

I'd be interested to see some evidence of this.

Maybe we could go back to juicing them up too..

This could be the supp that [MENTION=16145]chopsuey[/MENTION]; has been looking for??

Or it must just lead to a spike in chicken on chicken steroid induced violence.

It's common knowledge that 'Chicken Roid Rage' is becoming a massive problem, particularly among 'aesthetic chickens'. Not looking forward to Stereo brah.....

chicken.jpg

BTW I'm voting Free Range because the question was what's better for the chicken, not the most economical farming method.

That's different... kangaroos are 'cute' ... (queue the flaming now lads :D)

They are cute.

when a predator is introduced that being us in this case, the herd instinctively increases in number and when that herd is confined in a small area the herd does crazy stuff.

I'd be interested to see some evidence of this.

This could be the supp that @chopsuey ; has been looking for??

It's common knowledge that 'Chicken Roid Rage' is becoming a massive problem, particularly among 'aesthetic chickens'. Not looking forward to Stereo brah.....

View attachment 10410

BTW I'm voting Free Range because the question was what's better for the chicken, not the most economical farming method.

FFS, that question is subjective, are you a chicken?