• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powdered Oats from bulknutrients

staunch308

Anyone tried the powdered oats from bulk nutrients? Looking at getting some, 20kg worth. Whats it like? I know powdered oats is powdered oats, but just wanna hear from anyone else

cheapest I can find too, no surprise

Last edited:
I make my own, made about 1kg this morning as I had actually run out, normal Uncle Tobies oats put through the blended (dry) and stored in a sealed container till I add it to my shake.

Just an option.

Yeah tried making my own but can't get them fine enough, they sink to the bottom of the shake and then you gotta chew on it lol

The fine oats are great and good value in my opinion.

Mick, buy home brand oats, the same thing but a million times cheaper.

I agree with shrek. Cheaper than oatmass even without the 5% discount.

I can't comment on powdered oats but super fine oats taste nutty and mix very well

Anyone tried the powdered oats from bulk nutrients? Looking at getting some, 20kg worth. Whats it like? I know powdered oats is powdered oats, but just wanna hear from anyone else

cheapest I can find too, no surprise
I didn't like them one bit. I much prefer Oatmass. I still have (maybe 2kg) left and thinking of either giving it away or throwing it away. For the record, I'm not using oats in my drinks anymore as I much prefer to get my starches through eating.

Fadi.

Edit: All my comments re the oat product relate to Bulk Powders and not Bulk Nutrients. Apologies to Ben from Bulk Nutrients

Last edited:
Fadi,

What do you think the difference is between the 2 products?

Oatmass (or Oatmuscle) as it is called now I believe is fully (100%) dissolvable with zero residue at the bottom. It also adds to the flavour of whatever you're mixing it with in addition to absorbing all air bubbles without leaving a sandy texture all of its own. Its nougat kind of a smell is stronger without any signs of rancidity whatsoever.

Fine Powdered oats do not dissolve fully and do leave a residue at the bottom as well as fine sandy particles throughout. Its texture is more that of a flour (talcum baby powder) than a fine powdered oats like what Oatmass is (ironically) given the name.

It does not lend anything in a way of flavour as one’s mind would be busy with processing the fine sandy particles the mouth is feeling. Although it does dissolve the air bubbles left from (say) blended whey, it does it at the expense of leaving something of its own (as I've already mentioned).

The above has been my experience with/between the two oats products Hulk.

PS: Here's an oldie Oatmass: do Not Leave Home Without It!

Fadi.

Edit: All my comments re the oat product relate to Bulk Powders and not Bulk Nutrients. Apologies to Ben from Bulk Nutrients

Last edited:
Yeah tried making my own but can't get them fine enough, they sink to the bottom of the shake and then you gotta chew on it lol

I know what you mean, but I actually like the bit thats left at the bottom.:p

Mick, buy home brand oats, the same thing but a million times cheaper.

I usually get whats on special, I am a bargain hunter by necessity, so yes have used the home brand in the past as well

I recently ordered Oatmass from FC but was also considering buying powdered oats from BN as it was significantly cheaper. The texture of the Oatmass is a bit clumpy but when mixed into the shake 95% of it normally dissolves anyway.

I'd be keen to hear if BN gave out samples of this product, as I would definitely consider ordering a few kgs if it matched the quality of Oatmass.

Home brand oats from the supermarket is about $1-1.50/Kg, put them in the blender for a while and they reduce to a super-fine drinkable powder.

Can't beat it, cheap, convenient and only takes 2 mins to prepare.

How much is the Bulk Nutrients product?

If Fadi gives it the thumbs up it must be alright but I simply can't justify the cost.

BN with postage is $21/kg. My advice is to try again withthe blender, save some coin and go buy yourself a juicy steak with the savings 

It helps to pick up the blender and shake it while micronising the Oats, mine seems to work best when I half fill it with oats and hold it at 45 degree angle, seems to create a whirl wind of oat powder in no time.:)

Fadi, can I confirm that the difficulties you had with the oats mixing were with our product?
FINE POWDERED OATS - 1KG

I am surprised to hear this as they have been very popular and the fact they mix quite well is a large part of te reason.

I should confirm something important here too. In terms of nutritional value all of these oat powders, or large whole oats for that matter are identical nutritionally, the only difference is to the level that they have been ground.
With our powdered oats, they have all the goodness of regular oats.

Any inconsistencies between ours and other suppliers would simply come down to how the oats are ground.

I find the Bulk Powders Super Fine Oats to be no different from the more expensive Oatmass.
I think I paid less than $5/kg last order, using discount code BIGTIM.
Well worth the money considering convenience and ease of use/mixability, etc.

I've heard it referred to as oat flour, which seemed to try to put the product down, but is this the case?
Isn't it 100% oats in the end?

I've tried all three and there are no discernable differences between any of them.

Unless you are EXTREMELY fastidious, I would find it hard to find fault with any of them. And unless you have money to burn, I would find it very hard to justify buying Oatmass from FC when there you can get the same product from BN or BP for less than half the price.

Yeah I was buying the homebrand oats for something like $1.15 a kilo, but no matter how hard I try I can't get them fine enough. Thats why I was going to buy 20KG worth as it works out to $5.50 per kg which is the cheapest I can find.

Think I'l just go all out with 20kg, Oats are oats.

Fadi, can I confirm that the difficulties you had with the oats mixing were with our product?
FINE POWDERED OATS - 1KG

I am surprised to hear this as they have been very popular and the fact they mix quite well is a large part of te reason.

Ben, in post #7, I was asked a simple and direct question by The Hulk re the difference between your product and that of Marcus of Fitness Central. Nowhere in my reply did I put the product down as some members have suggested. I simply stated what I felt to be the difference between the two products and (yes), my focus was on the solubility of the Fine Oats. Again, nowhere did I question the product's mixability factor, but rather I highlighted that after the mixing has been completed, one is left with two things:

1. A sandy residue at the bottom
2. Fine sandy particles (which I could detect in my mouth).

Pistachio mentioned that unless someone is "EXTREMELY fastidious", then they would not pick the differences between the three products. I thought there were only two companies in Australia that sell fine grounded oats. In any case, I must be one of those "EXTREMELY fastidious" persons to have picked the difference between the two products I've tried.

Having said all the above, I'm the first one to admit that I'm not some infallible taster nor should my opinion be taken as such, since this whole thing falls more under the category of subjectivity instead objectivity.

Ben, again I'm not bringing your product down nor lifting it up, I was simply responding to a question and (again), nowhere in my reply do I bring the mixability of your product into question. I'm saying, it mixes well, but after all is done, I'm left with something. Perhaps it's the solubility (dissolving) factor that I'm objecting to here.

People here can order both products and see/feel for themselves. I've said enough on the subject. Thank you.

Fadi.

Last edited: