• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power lifting shoes

after getting my Risto weighlifting shoes back from melb they got stolen at my local gym whilst I was in the shower. soo ive been squatting in my chuck taylors again the last 3 weeks and im actually likeing it more.. A little more uncomfortable doing front squats and cleans are much harder in the chucks but they will do the job until I get a new pair of ristos from the USA.

Does wearing shoes help? Whenever I lift I never wear them, should I?

Thanks and sorry if its a dumb question.

I got my do wins yesterday, ordered a size small and they're bigger than expected, with thick socks they fit fine though. Very quick turn around from aus kb, ordered friday lunch time, delivered monday early arvo, thats the quickest anything has been delivered to me from the eastern states

i find that normal runners give me more grip and spring off the ground then other shoes

i find that normal runners give me more grip and spring off the ground then other shoes

Spot on, I mean what would guys that C&J 266kg know about correct footwear, they are dumbasses, spring and grip is the key to a good shoe

Spot on, I mean what would guys that C&J 266kg know about correct footwear, they are dumbasses, spring and grip is the key to a good shoe

Yeah i know aye that's why i sourced a pair of them old school Nike pumps, Whenever i start to fail i just bend over and start pumping.

The biggest problem the internet creates, a faceless person giving dreadful advice, which some guy reads and repeats.

I can see why guys like Bro have problems, not knowing who to listen too.

The thread is about Powerlifting shoes, shoes that enable lifters to squat 500kg and deadlift 450kg, and he's talking about runners that are springy.

People get banned on forums for all sorts of petty reasons.

That should be reason number one lol

The biggest problem the internet creates, a faceless person giving dreadful advice, which some guy reads and repeats.

I can see why guys like Bro have problems, not knowing who to listen too.

The thread is about Powerlifting shoes, shoes that enable lifters to squat 500kg and deadlift 450kg, and he's talking about runners that are springy.

People get banned on forums for all sorts of petty reasons.

That should be reason number one lol

Ever since ironaddict died theres been a lot of threads made by a single mod. The guy has a pretty solid bench but all his other lifts were crap, he couldnt even pull 500, just that he trained at westside for 6 months.

One of his tips was how by wearing joggers when he squatted he got 'more quad activation'. I asked him 'why not just wear OL shoes?' and I got a smartass reply about how 'joggers work just fine'.

I logged out and never went back.

I finally received my Adidas Powerperfects 2's today after a 18 day wait... Bloody UK :p
Trying them on and walking around in them is insane, im already in love with them and i havent even lifted in them yet... Tonight im doing squats so perfect timing :)
Ill post after my workout also.

Its taken me so long to post back about my shoes but i didnt know where this thread got moved to...
Anyway, if your serious about lifting weights then do yourself a favour and fork out the dollars and buy yourself a pair of weightlifting shoes.
They make so much of a difference... Its like they cement you to the ground, its hard to explain to someone thats never worn a pair but honestly theyre one of the best things i have ever bought and imo the confidence they give you with heavier weight is worth the price tag.