• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power rack package

pab82

Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader here.
I have decided to cut my ties with the local gym (only 2 power racks in the gym, and is always being used) and decided to build my own home gym in the garage.

My goal is to bulk up and add some muscle, so i will be starting "All Pros Beginner workout" as soon as i buy myself a rack, hopefully this week.

I require a Rack, Bench & Olympic Bar.

I have a budget of 1k, just hoping to get some feedback on this package below.
POWER RACK SQUAT CAGE PULLDOWN + FID BENCH + 130KG BARBELL DUMBBELL WEIGHTS SET | eBay

$899 with around $100 postage.

Has anyone got this rack or heard any positive reviews? Is this the best deal i can buy with 1k.

Cheers

Peter

Last edited:
G'day champ and welcome!

I can't comment on the quality of the cyberfit rack, but have you checked out some of the Gym Direct racks? I have one, as do many people on the forum. They're widely praised....you wouldn't have any problems with quality.

G'day champ and welcome!

I can't comment on the quality of the cyberfit rack, but have you checked out some of the Gym Direct racks? I have one, as do many people on the forum. They're widely praised....you wouldn't have any problems with quality.

Cheers DKD,

Happy to have found this forum, I have been lifting casually for a couple of years but now wanna get serious...I just checked out the Gym Direct page, thats some good deals they have.

http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/4-Package-Deal-_-Power-Rack--+-ASFID-FID-bench-+-Olympic-bar-+-80kg-Olympic-weights-$1150/531.htm

I may enquire about the above package, and ask if they can change the Olympic bar to standard bar, as i have smallish hands and think i may struggle with an Oly bar when doing things like rows and deadlifts....

If I had my time over I'd buy one of these.
It's sometimes better spend a little extra.

Free Standing Racks - Iron Edge / Australian Kettlebells

It does sometimes freak me out squatting in a rack

Andy I usually respect your views on equipment but those racks are way overpriced. $1300 for a half a power rack, no wonder our local manufacturers can't compete with the chinese what a rip-off.

Honestly a boilermaker would build that for half that price, probably get it hot dipped galvanized as well so you could keep it outside.

If I had my time over I'd buy one of these.
It's sometimes better spend a little extra.

Free Standing Racks - Iron Edge / Australian Kettlebells

It does sometimes freak me out squatting in a rack

I do like the looks of those racks, they look strong (are they considered a half rack?), a little bit outta my price range though as i require a bench and weights as well....having left the gym, my only equipment at home is a dip, and pull up station with boxing bag, and some dumbbells.

Andy I usually respect your views on equipment but those racks are way overpriced. $1300 for a half a power rack, no wonder our local manufacturers can't compete with the chinese what a rip-off.

Honestly a boilermaker would build that for half that price, probably get it hot dipped galvanized as well so you could keep it outside.

Well, that's spot on Brick, your point is very well made.

Commercial Power Rack Welded | Prackcomm | Cyberfit Gym Equipment

how is this for a deal, i think it is usually around $795, has anyone here got the Cyberfit commercial rack?

LOL... I was standing in that exact rack last weekend...

He's located in seven hills on powers road. He has a studio GYM upstairs where he has everything on display. (reps to Kaz for sending me there)

His website.
http://www.cyber-market.com.au/index...c40f0861409420

Anyhow...

I really liked that rack... The only thing to know about it is that its welded together... so you can't break it down and reassemble...

Solid Rack IMO... Nothing cheap about it...

LOL... I was standing in that exact rack last weekend...

He's located in seven hills on powers road. He has a studio GYM upstairs where he has everything on display. (reps to Kaz for sending me there)

His website.
http://www.cyber-market.com.au/index...c40f0861409420

Anyhow...

I really liked that rack... The only thing to know about it is that its welded together... so you can't break it down and reassemble...

Solid Rack IMO... Nothing cheap about it...

Welded together hey...hmmm...at least that would be less assembly...lol...i dont mind not being able to break it down as if i moved would just transfer it, as is in a truck.
Do u think a welded rack is as strong as a rack held together by bolts? Or is that nothing to worry about.

Structural steel buildings are held up with welded cleats and bolts, why wouldn't it be good enough for a power rack.

Have a think about how you can get it through doors if you can't break it down, the things are massive.

Structural steel buildings are held up with welded cleats and bolts, why wouldn't it be good enough for a power rack.

Have a think about how you can get it through doors if you can't break it down, the things are massive.

Good point, does that mean I can stop wearing my hard hat?

Commercial Power Rack Welded | Prackcomm | Cyberfit Gym Equipment

how is this for a deal, i think it is usually around $795, has anyone here got the Cyberfit commercial rack?

Cetrainly looks like a strong rack and a good price for such a heavy rack.
However, there are some design issues.
You can't do any work in front of the rack because the gun rack is inside the front posts.
Also, I always wonder why some racks don't set the rear crossbeam a lot further back.
This will often restrict the bench position for bench press, especially incline bench press.
It also makes squatting from the rear posts more dangerous as you have to lean forward to unrack as your feet hit the rear crossbeam.

Yeah will be going straight into my cold as ice double garage, luckilly have plenty of room for it....

You can't do any work in front of the rack because the gun rack is inside the front posts.
Also, I always wonder why some racks don't set the rear crossbeam a lot further back.
This will often restrict the bench position for bench press, especially incline bench press.
It also makes squatting from the rear posts more dangerous as you have to lean forward to unrack as your feet hit the rear crossbeam.

The first thing I mentioned was about inability to work infront of the rack... Generally I cant OHP in a rack cause I hit the top beam...

However this thing is a monster and I could easily OHP in this rack...

I had not thought about the bench position... This would be problematic... Notably this is a commercial rack so it probably does not take this into consideration...

Clearly a gun rack is need on the front of the rack for a home gym....

Hi Hulk,

Thanks for the feedback, I will be using the rack for incline bench so maybe this rack isnt the go for me.....wish i could see these racks in person but they are too far from me....as i dont have great knowledge regarding racks, would u suggest the MMPR rack from Gym Direct is a safer and better option?

MMPR Power Rack

Hi Hulk,

Thanks for the feedback, I will be using the rack for incline bench so maybe this rack isnt the go for me.....wish i could see these racks in person but they are too far from me....as i dont have great knowledge regarding racks, would u suggest the MMPR rack from Gym Direct is a safer and better option?

MMPR Power Rack

LOL... Pab... He's the owner of gymdirect...

And I was just looking at his racks... They look sensational...

The commercial rack for the win... http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/HPRSP-Commercial-Power-Rack/355.htm

Although MMPR looks like better value...