• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power rack

bluedog

Just starting back into the weights after a long break and I am looking for a power rack. Is there anything reasonable for under $600? Are the sub $400 ones rubbish?

The muscle motion thats Sam has posted has a good rep. the commerical muscle motion $1200 so not what you want is supposed to be the best buy (arguable i know but thats the view i took). i mention the commercial quality muscle motion so you know the mmpr and the commercial mmpr are different.

racks in that price range from memory are:

Powertec
MMPR (See Sams post)
Force USA

Also noticed this rack:
LC2 Power Rack Light Commercial | LC2 | Cyberfit Gym Equipment

dont know what cyber are like to deal with though as i have never purchased from them
check all the above out.

If you search racks on this site you will find plenty of threads.

cheers

I just got back into weights recently too and I got the MMPR last month. I have no complaints, its a great rack. It was either MMPR or Force USA rack and I mulled over it for a while but in the end it was much of a muchness. MMPR is slightly smaller and I live in an apartment so went MMPR.

i recently went ot fitness warehouse and got the Force USA Rack, FID Bench, Olympic 7ft Barbell, olympic Dumbbells and 200kg or rubber oly Plates for $1489.

I could have prob got it cheaper else where but was to impatient :p

Go the MMPR. The additional pegs and wider cage are a god send if you also use it to bench or have a training partner at different height.

i recently went ot fitness warehouse and got the Force USA Rack, FID Bench, Olympic 7ft Barbell, olympic Dumbbells and 200kg or rubber oly Plates for $1489.

I could have prob got it cheaper else where but was to impatient :p

Whats the OT warehouse? That's a pretty good deal if you got dumbbells and 200kg of weights

The MMPR looks good. It seems to have more bracing than the Force USA and lower priced racks. Shipping is quite reasonable too.

I am actually leaning towards the Force USA rack as it has less spacing between the holes than other racks.

Hey Ernie,
Are you happy with your Force USA power rack? I assume it is the band attachment one. I am torn between Force USA or Powertec. But the Force has a better pull up bar.

I have bought some bars and weights from Little Bloke Fitness and it has been all good. Great to deal with. I will try and go and see them in the next week or two and have a close up look at one.

Extremely happy with my Force USA rack, the good one with the band attachments, not the crappier "home" rack. Great power rack, lots of hooks, very flexbile, solid as a rock, amazing chin-up bar.

I purchaced a power rack from Manfred Myer (ex russian track and field coach) among other things about 15 years ago he was making all the gym equipment for cal gym and bond univerity and overseas, Kierren Perkins dry land excercise machine.
Also he decked out Stefan Edberg's gym its all quality russian stuff.
Pretty sure hes retired by now.
I had it adapted for chins and dips.
The bench sells $1000
the Rack for $1400
The olympic bar he nurled down for cheap weights and threw it in and all up $1300 for the lot $300 extra for the mod of the chins and dips the negative I had to paint and assemble.

Regrads,
G.