• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting, a paralympic sport

Huh. Very cool. I had no idea there even was such a thing - how far back does this go?

So... when's powerlifting coming to the main Olympics? :)

Itd take them 50 years to agree on which fed's rules to use and to officially qualify judges

Itd take them 50 years to agree on which fed's rules to use and to officially qualify judges

It will only be IPF. They're the only ones taking real steps towards it and the only fed that's officially recognised in all of its members countries. If you can't show evidence of a strict drug testing regime you won't have a hope.

Most likely never. Not exciting enough to the normal person on the street.

Weightlifting will always be more exciting.

cheers Trent

Equestrian?

rich mans sport..

That will always be in there..

silly me i forgot the olympics games are not about money and endorsements.

/insert macdonalds advert here
in a sporting event where the worlds healthiest people compete

Show somebody a guy squatting 400kg and they say geez thats heavy!! (powerlifting)
Show a guy puting 200kg overhead from the ground and they say WOW (weight lifting)

I did a little survey recently and alot of people just find WL more appealing. Unless of course a fed such as IPF really put some money behind their bids (but we know PL isnt a rich mans sport)

Last edited:
There as some very questionable sports in the Olympics, I can't really see why Powerlifting isn't really being concidered.
I'd be happy if it was just the deadlift and the squat.

Powerlifting will struggle because of drugs and apart from the deadlift all you really see is a heap of spotters on each lift.

lol the topic subject says "Powerlifting a Paralympic Sport"... its a bench press.

Dont mind me, just being a purist. haha

I doubt it would ever get in, but you never know given the entry of new sports recently.

It will come down to how big the IPF can get, how many national federations are involved, and its wider public appeal.