• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting Comp for Newbs

The Jake

Hi there, I'm thinking of competing in my first meet sometime within the next 12 months. I'm wondering is there a schedule somewhere. Also, does anyone have tips, pointers, recommendations? I'm not looking to smash any world records anytime soon, only my own.

Thanks

- J.

Gidday

I live in Melbourne so my goal would be to compete in VIC for now if possible.

At least for my first meet I'd like to compete raw if possible as I don't have any of the gear, have never trained in it and would probably do myself more harm than good.

I've checked the CAPO website before - they don't have a list of national events this year and if you use the calendar on the site its a pain to navigate when all I want to is lookup if/when there are any comps in Melbourne.

Even small, unsanctioned club meets would be nice. I just want to test myself and get my feet wet.

- J.

Most gym comps are raw anyway, and there are very few 'equipped only' comps.

There is going to be a 5 lift comp in Frankston in December.

It involves squat, bench, clean, overhead and deadlift. 12 attempts total that you can use in any way you want.

CAPO only have the deadlift comp to go this year, won't be any 3 lift comps until next year.

Otherwise there is a raw + wraps 3 lift comp in Frankston over the Australia day weekend.

Powerlifting Australia has "Nov 27 Victorian Extravaganza - Hawthorn, VIC (Raw and Equipped)"

All goes well i'll hopefully be there.

Powerlifting Australia has "Nov 27 Victorian Extravaganza - Hawthorn, VIC (Raw and Equipped)"

All goes well i'll hopefully be there.
have u competed yet? sorry if u already told me, i forgot lol
ill be there.

It will be my first comp. Don't know where I will be at but i'm just going to get the feel of a comp and have some fun.
We will probably be in the same weight class (If you're still 83KG) just different age brackets.

It will be my first comp. Don't know where I will be at but i'm just going to get the feel of a comp and have some fun.
We will probably be in the same weight class (If you're still 83KG) just different age brackets.
yeah im still in 83's, you will enjoy it, find out where your at with your total you get and improve on it :) i love the buzz of a comp, no better feeling.

i got a feeling these are just open comps, so age group doesnt matter.

Hi there, I'm thinking of competing in my first meet sometime within the next 12 months. I'm wondering is there a schedule somewhere. Also, does anyone have tips, pointers, recommendations? I'm not looking to smash any world records anytime soon, only my own.

Thanks

- J.

If you're in Melbourne do some Googling for either Apollo Gym or PTC Frankston

Apollo/ESP is the best gym in Aus
PTC Frankston is run by some douche who has done nothing for the sport :D

hahahahaha no shit :D when marduk mentioned the comp on the last page i must of read it wrong or assumed it was the next comp, which at that stage was hawk challenge in september(?).

I wasn't at the last comp that's why :)

I'll be at Melbourne Uni this Thursday as well.

Have you been training there before?

I'll be there on Thurs, but I come late. Either way I'll be at the comp on Sunday.

GL Callan, 180 deadlift is yours.