• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting in Prison

appreciate the comment.

They're still criminals and they're being punished for crimes committed against citizens and their community.

Forgive me, but if someone murdered my child and dumped their body, I wouldn't think them having powerlifting competitions in prison would make me feel any better or do the memory of my child any justice?

I'm all for rehabilitation too, but I think they are afforded too many privelidges.

They broke the law, in some fashion, bad enough to be incarcerated for it and bad enough to be put in a prison for it. (as opposed to a low security premise with curfews and access to the community at various times)

They shouldn't be afforded the opportunity to feel good about themselves by way of personal accomplishment in lifting heavy shit. Let them know what it feels like to feel good about themselves through doing things, meaningful things, for others.

This concept, I'm sure, would be alien to most of them.

People make mistakes and go to jail, not all of them are rapist, murderer scum. Lot of em are young blokes that made a mistake. For the most part they do it tough. Prison aint a holiday and for alot blokes it's a death sentence hepatitis and aids are rife. Sexual assault is common against the weak, lotta prisoners are mentally ill.

Dudes are gonna lift weights whether there is powerlifting or not. I spent a year at AGCC in QLD when I was 19 all we had were dip and chin stations. We used to do donkey squats using each other as weights, same with pushups with a bloke sitting on ya. Rows and curls with 60L garbage bins full of water.

I can also tell ya there was more juice in there then out in the world. You can't stop people working out even if you try to, at least this way they got something like a comp to work up to and behave for.

People go to prison (or jail) for many reasons. Many, many different people go to jail.

We can't be too hasty to tar the lot with tthe same brush.

FWIW the death penalty is barbaric and disgusting act that governments do...even though they actively discourage killing people.

Totally agree. I work in a prison and deal with these pieces off shit everyday. If only the public knew, it would make you sick

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Fuck rehab bring back the death sentence and start culling some of the scum from our society. Jail is just like a holiday for these scumbags until they can get back on the streets and reoffend. Jail should break them, jail should be somewhere they fear being put in. Fuck knows their victims have to live with the consequences of their crimes then offenders should feel that pain 100 x

Yeah we should put them on the boat and send them to Australia

People go to prison (or jail) for many reasons. Many, many different people go to jail.

We can't be too hasty to tar the lot with tthe same brush.

FWIW the death penalty is barbaric and disgusting act that governments do...even though they actively discourage killing people.

+1

prison is fucked either way.... especially in America where you have psycho white gangs, black gangs and hispanic gangs all going at each other..... it's a jungle x 10.

I think a program like this is good to keep those guys out of trouble.