• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre/Post workout nutrition and timing!

Daniel.308

Hey guys

Well I am experiencing a few issues;

1. What is the optimal timing for pre workout and post workout nutrition and what should it consists of? As I have looked through Fadi's diets and I have interpreted he believes in the majority of nutrients to be carbohydrates from the looks of thing (from what I remember it was 6gram WPC + 60grams of Oatmass)...

2. How many hours shoud I eat before a workout?

I have a rough idea on these things it's just my workout energy has been really lacking. I have narrowed it down to my overall foodintake or pre/post workout nutrition...

Responses much appreciated...

Cheers

Hey guys

Well I am experiencing a few issues;

1. What is the optimal timing for pre workout and post workout nutrition and what should it consists of? As I have looked through Fadi's diets and I have interpreted he believes in the majority of nutrients to be carbohydrates from the looks of thing (from what I remember it was 6gram WPC + 60grams of Oatmass)...

2. How many hours shoud I eat before a workout?

I have a rough idea on these things it's just my workout energy has been really lacking. I have narrowed it down to my overall foodintake or pre/post workout nutrition...

Responses much appreciated...

Cheers

This is my two cents worth...

I normally drink 30g WPI, 15g WPC, with 20g dextrose, 5g BCAAs and 5g Glutamine straight after a workout. And about 15mins later have some fruit or bread or something with some carbs. (which to some is probably the wrong way to do it)

I normally have a protein shake about 60mins before my workout. But whole (solid) food maybe 90mins before training.

Hope this helps slightly. More informed people will help you soon :)

Ye I am normally doing the 30grams of WPC 1 hours before with 60grams of Oats, though before this meal I haven't eaten for about 2.5-3hrs which might be the problem, even though I am having the shake as (I know this may sound stupid) I don't feel I respond to shakes etc.

lol hopefully that makes sense.

Your sweating the little things too much daniel...

Smash honey before training and some wpc.

Take your shake to the gym ffs you wait so long to have anything....

Just do bicep curls and eat BBQ chickens brah
Posted via Mobile Device

I was doing that when I was 13-16yrs old...

I got to 45kg barbell curls on a pre-loaded bar and a 92.5kg (roughly around that) bench...

I wass a hektykkkkk **** I swear...

I took NO Explode too, with muscle tech hydroxy cut to get me ripped...

I also don't think I could of Squated myself with no weight on my back loll

The good old days.

Alan Aragon recommendation: forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=11356062&postcount=3088

Pre-workout isnt important because what your muscles are using is what you had for dinner or breakfast.

Post workout I try to go over 50g with protein (so two scoops) and let the two glasses of milk i have with it sort me out carb wise. I dont believe in the high GI sugar hit most gym rats seem to like (notice that big ron doesnt down a bag of liquorice bullets post workout?), any carb will do.

i'm pretty sure the meals before & after training is more important than the respective meals.

What makes more sense? what you eat 40 minutes before & after training, or the meals on rest days, as well as the breakfast & lunch before training, then possibly your dinner AFTER your pwo meals?