• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre workout and Protein Advice

drain

Bassicly im about 85 kgs. been taking a few well marketed products after advice from experts(keen on sales) in sup stores.

bassicly i work out 5 days a week.

Lift heavy

and looking to start making my own pre workout mix

Figure its gotta have
Creatine
BETA ALANINE
L ARGININE
just from reading labels on older stuff.

just not sure what else should be added
what type of creatine to put in
and what benefits ill get from adding other amino's?

then onto protein

How much protein should i take a day.
If so should i take different types before workouts and after?

Kinda wanna take a different track than just going into a store and buying whatever they think is good.

Last edited:
My order of supplements:

1. protein powder
2. creatine monohydrate
3. multi vitimin (preferably high quality)
4. fish oil tablets
5. amino acid supplementation

Protein:

Protein powder doesn't just 'come from' shakes. It can also be found in meat and dairy. It is better to get most of your protein intake from whole foods (ie NOT shakes or meal replacements) of course, some times protein powder will be convenient (eg after working out, with breakfast and before bed).

The world isnt going to end depending on the type of protein powder (eg casein vs whey) you take. dont stress about it.

Now, protein intake I recommend:
Optimal results: 2g per pound of bodyweight (or 4-5g per kg of bodyweight)
Decent results: 1g per pound of bodyweight (or 2-3g per kg of bodyweight)

some people are going to tell you 2g is too much and 1g is just fine. But bodybuilding puts far higher than average protein demands on your body and if you want your body to be able to perform an extreme response to stimulus (as gaining muscle is) you need to give it well above average nutrients. For your average gym goer who just wants to be strong and healthy (and theres no shame in this) 1g is fine.

Also, try to get most of your protein intake from meats, dairy and shakes. Why you ask? because if you're counting up that 1g of protein you got from eating a bag of jellybeans you're desperate and are probably not meeting your intake.

/info

Cheers, to the OP - I am also interested in this. I am considering buying in bulk (to save money) and it sounds like you are too. I am in a similar position - except I am working out 3 days a week on Rippetoe's Starting Strength. Bulking diet.

Can anyone post up amounts that should be sourced to start with, i.e. to last at last a few months, for both pre and post workout drinks? As well as any other supplementation worthwhile throughout the day. OP - Bulk nutrients.com.au is local and seems to be popular at ausbb.

Here's a quick shopping list based on what I've read in other threads (Shrek, dave etc)

BETA ALANINE - 250g
CREATINE MONOHYDRATE - 1kg
DEXTROSE - 4KG
BCAA - 1kg

(I have 2.5kg of WPI left still).

Last edited:
Bassicly im about 85 kgs. been taking a few well marketed products after advice from experts(keen on sales) in sup stores.

bassicly i work out 5 days a week.

Lift heavy

and looking to start making my own pre workout mix

Figure its gotta have
Creatine
BETA ALANINE
L ARGININE
just from reading labels on older stuff.

just not sure what else should be added
what type of creatine to put in
and what benefits ill get from adding other amino's?

then onto protein

How much protein should i take a day.
If so should i take different types before workouts and after?

Kinda wanna take a different track than just going into a store and buying whatever they think is good.

1. How old are you?
2. How long have you been training?
3. What's your goal?

Have you taken some time to look through the forum, perchance your answer would be there. Have you seen this: Beginners and Novices: Save your $$$

PS: You've mentioned
been taking a few well marketed products after advice from experts(keen on sales) in sup stores.
I'm also keen on sale...of knowledge and information which I give out here free of charge!

Fadi.

Last edited:
been training for about 3 years 5 days a week

Just never really looked heavily into supps other than asking someone at a shop.

tried a fair bit of shit
Zuess tablets
Trib

super pump
Jacked3
San Fierce
Betanox

Diet is really goood.
Plenty of meats, Salad, Veg

what im trying to do is buy bulk of everything, save cash and not have something shit riddled with ****loads of caffine..

Last edited:
been training for about 3 years 5 days a week

Just never really looked heavily into supps other than asking someone at a shop.

tried a fair bit of shit
Zuess tablets
Trib

super pump
Jacked3
San Fierce
Betanox

Diet is really goood.
Plenty of meats, Salad, Veg

what im trying to do is buy bulk of everything, save cash and not have something shit riddled with ****loads of caffine..

Bulk Nutrients

Fitness Central - Protein Powder, Bodybuilding Supplements, Creatine, Glutamine, Whey Protein Shakes at Wholesale Prices

Fadi.

on the side of having whole foods etc.

I havent actually taken protein from shakes other than after workout.
Never really looked heavily into exact protein intake. More so just follow a good diet and then use a protein after workout.

Im wondering if its worthwhile having a wpc with breakfast.

then a wpi after workout.

Would it be worth mixing them? for after workout?

Other than working out and diet ive never really read into benefits of supliments other than being sucked in by good advertising.. and what labels tell u it does

Other than working out and diet ive never really read into benefits of supliments other than being sucked in by good advertising.. and what labels tell u it does

well, I'd suggest you spend some time going back to the basics and researching nutrition along with what the supplements actually DO.

well, I'd suggest you spend some time going back to the basics and researching nutrition along with what the supplements actually DO.

yeh its kinda why i came here.

Bassicly ask questions etc. cause there is 1000020202 things that is supposed to do something for muscle growth.

Just wanted to ask advice, what people have used what really is needed for pre workout and afterwork.

Protein:

Now, protein intake I recommend:
Optimal results: 2g per pound of bodyweight (or 4-5g per kg of bodyweight)
Decent results: 1g per pound of bodyweight (or 2-3g per kg of bodyweight)

/info

Damn i weight 71 odd i have only been have around 180g of protein a day.

Last edited:
just finishing off what i have left from jacked.
Then deciding on what to do.

Cleaned up diet heaps and made everything more simple.

Trying to obviously do the same with my Sup's.

Probably jsut take
CREATINE/BETA ALANINE/Arginine

Bcaa's during workout

WPI/Glutamine Post workout.

Right now my workout is

Monday Back/Bi's
Tuesday Cardio/Core/Muay thai
Wednesday Chest/Tri's
Thurday Legs/Core/Cardio/Boxing
Friiday Shoulders/muay Thai
Saturday Rest
Sunday/All body workout/

I have taken acouple of different pre-workouts this week.

Blake Powder - taste - 7/10
Energy - 8-9/10
Strength - hard to tell

SAN Fierce - Taste - Really bitter but I liked it 9/10
Energy - 10/10 - When I start to talk to myself to pump myself up during training I know Iam onto a good thing.
Strength - Did a similar workout to when I used Black powder and I felt a fair bit stronger on Fierce. 9/10

i used the fierce before and seemed to have good energy etc

I thought it tasted like ass though. To the point it made me feel kinda shit working out

i used the fierce before and seemed to have good energy etc

I thought it tasted like ass though. To the point it made me feel kinda shit working out

Thats weird mate - I had Wild Cherry and it was really bitter but I liked it - I have heard ppl saying it tastes like shit before lol.

I suppose everything works diff for everyone!

had the orange..

Just like 40 mins in id feel rough. I only go through half of it before i barred it.
Then started on the jacked