• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre workout supps..what to take?

Hey fadi, what is your opinion on Bioflex's preworkout Biocharge.
It has no caffiene.

I wrote to Ben (the owner) and pointed out to him that all the ingredients there were fine except Inosine which I would not have as it has an effect on lactic acid increase (as opposed to beta alanine’s decrease). He's looking into it and perhaps would omit it from his next version of Biocharge...we'll have to wait and see.

Now Bob, I'm being very particular here and you may find Biocharge to be one hell of a product (which I think it is). But my point to Ben was that I was aiming for perfection, or turning what is already a heavy duty product into something even more powerful. The man has few new ingredients to add to the newer version which would really improve what is as I've already said a top notch product. So please feel confident in purchasing Biocharge as it is now and look forward to even a better one soon to come.

Fadi.

One must know the effects of 4 lines of coke before making that comparison.
I don't wanna come across as a fully sick keyboard warrior hero or anything but I've tested a new batch before training for shits and giggles once and can honestly say that the pre-workout was better.

I'm currently in the process of getting some White Flood, training today without it, after eating flat out ALL day... it just wasn't the same, eat flat out all day with pre-WO and WOWZ0rS!!! haha.

What do you think of this one Fadi?

Kre-Alkalyn (buffered creatine monohydrate)
Beta Alanine
L- tyrosine
Acetyl L-carnitine
Dimethylaminoetanol
Magnesium

FAIRING SPORTS NUTRITION FAIR INGREDIENTS KCG R2

/Mattias

Mattias, with the above I'd be concerned with timing as well as dosages. For example, I'd take creatine (irrespective of type since that's a personal preference) after training and not before. Why? Because as you know creatine plays a part in water shifting, not something you want taking place before your workout. After the workout, WMS+ Creatine would go hand in hand and quickly into the muscle as muscle glycogen.

When I speak of dosages, I'm thinking about something like Tyrosine and how it can have the opposite effect on the mind that it was intended to have. A bit like caffeine if you like; too much and you get an over stimulation of the nervous system which would in fact hinders muscle contraction instead of improving it.

As for DMAE, I say why stop there? Why not take full advantage of what it does?

You see Mattias, DMAE increases blood and brain choline, which as you know goes to manufacture acetylcholine which is a very important neurotransmitter in the brain (I suspect that's the reason why people take DMAE but without actually knowing how and/or why it works on your brain energy). Acetylcholine well, you can not buy this powerhouse; your body relies on its choline levels to produce it.

Okay so now we have acetylcholine in our system, how do we keep most of it there so we can have some amazing muscle contractions? You take Huperzine A, which has the unique ability to strongly inhibit acetylcholinesterase, the enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine in the synaptic cleft. I know I'm beginning to get technical so let me show you what a synaptic cleft look like (it's that bridge which Acetylcholine has to cross so as to make a nerve-muscle connection! Without it, you won't be able to type your words or read mine.

[YOUTUBE]90cj4NX87Yk[/YOUTUBE]

Beta alanine I’ve talked about before and how it’s great for muscular endurance due to putting out the lactic acid fire.

Magnesium well, we need it to balance the tight muscular contractions of calcium. Too much calcium and not enough magnesium will most definitely result in muscular cramp.
http://members.upnaway.com/~poliowa/Magnesium%20Mucle%20Relaxation.html

Fadi.

Curious as to your reasoning for this?
Steady supply of carbs ensure adequate energy for your workout. I guess if your after a quick burst or energy then a stimulant may be required. I try not to use stims anymore esp caffiene, although sometimes i do.

Shrek is 100% correct.

Stop wasting your time with these stupid and expensive supps. They are a waste and don't work! You can debate it all you like, in the end it's your money you wasting. I can tell you though that none of the top level olympic or powerlifters use that rubbish. And the bodybuilders only claim to for sponsorship money.

You want energy? You know calories are a measure of energy right? Want more energy eat more calories. Simple huh? Carbs are the easiest to use for emery quickly so it makes sense to eat plenty pre workout.

Glass of milk and a banana is all you need.
Posted via Mobile Device

What about, excess calories AND pre workout for ultra mega high energy?

I'm about 1/4 of a way through my first tub of White Flood now, energy aside (which is great) and I'm a fan, it improves my focus, nothing can distract me, I love it for that reason alone.

Not excess cals, just what's necessary.

Hey if you guys want to wast $$$ on pointless supps go right ahead. Top level lifters don't use them, maybe you guys know better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not excess cals, just what's necessary.

Hey if you guys want to wast $$$ on pointless supps go right ahead. Top level lifters don't use them, maybe you guys know better.
Posted via Mobile Device
I meant excess cals because I am forever bulking.

Well then you should be the last person using rubbish supps. Excess cals = excess energy.

If you're feeling tired you're either eating wrong or not getting enough sleep.

Well then you should be the last person using rubbish supps. Excess cals = excess energy.

If you're feeling tired you're either eating wrong or not getting enough sleep.

Or you have other health issues related to this that need to be addressed. But once again they will be because of incorrect diet..

What you think is healthy might not actually be healthy. I know people that consume only tuna and peanut butter chicken ect no salads vegies fruitsbecause all they care about is F/C/P This is ridiculous..

I get up at 4.30am, start work at 6, work until 4pm and start training at 6pm, I don't have some sissy desk job, I carry heavy assed plaster sheets all day and no matter how much I eat (I do so every 2 hrs) some days after being on the go for 14hrs, I am just spent BEFORE I get to the gym. Rather than skip the session, I have the pre workout and push through it.

Take my word for it, the pre work out helps me under these circumstances. However over Easter for example when I wasn't working, and trained I didn't need it :)

Morgan you make a point a lot of people take Pre Workouts and don't even need them. I say dude if it gets you in the gym as you wouldn't have the energy without then by all means go for it (in moderation).

I workout at 6am some mornings I swear that coffee/pre workout does help. Usually though I have a good nights sleep so I don't need it.

yup, no caffeine or preworkout that contains caffeine at 830pm cause it'll definitely keep you up and affect your sleep. Caffeine is great in the morning or preworkout (except at night) as it is proven to boost mental alertness, fat burning, energy and delays fatigue.

i use ripped freak by Pharmafreak because i workout in the mornings and it definitely helps increase my reps and weights but i would never take it at night. I also use Threshold by optimum preworkout and it has no caffeine. Main ingredient is beta alanine which has fatigue buffering effects so you can do more in your workout.

So my preworkout stack is:
1 cap of Rippedfreak (don' take after 3pm)
2 servings of Threshold
20-30g of hydrowhey

hope this helps!

Last edited:
CONCLUSION OF THIS THREAD:

- 95% of pre-workout supps are detrimental to building muscle.
- some may disagree due to notions such as the placebo effect, mind over matter etc.
- caffeine should not be taken, in any dosage.
- caffeine and creatine together work against each other.

- Pre-WS that contain no caffeine are biocharge and blackhorse.

I'm gonna try one of the above 'no caffeine supps' and see what happens.

CONCLUSION OF THIS THREAD:

- 95% of pre-workout supps are detrimental to building muscle.
- some may disagree due to notions such as the placebo effect, mind over matter etc.
- caffeine should not be taken, in any dosage.
- caffeine and creatine together work against each other.

- Pre-WS that contain no caffeine are biocharge and blackhorse.

I'm gonna try one of the above 'no caffeine supps' and see what happens.

remember caffeine will affect your sleep,keeping that in mind and is growth hormone released by the anteiror pituitary guys?

Hey Guys

Man you can't say that one espresso cup of coffee a day or having one or 2 green tea's a day is gonna hinder you in muscle building... show me evidence and ill stop completely I understand how something like superpump with 400+MG of caffeine can be very bad but caffeine is a stimulant and will help you lose weight in controlled amounts isn't this correct?

Cheers

Hey Guys

Man you can't say that one espresso cup of coffee a day or having one or 2 green tea's a day is gonna hinder you in muscle building... show me evidence and ill stop completely I understand how something like superpump with 400+MG of caffeine can be very bad but caffeine is a stimulant and will help you lose weight in controlled amounts isn't this correct?

Cheers

Everyone is different. Same peoples tolerances are alot higher then other some people have none..

It is also very acidic to the body, it takes 32 cups of water to negate the negective affects of it on the bodys ph.

You dont need 'help' losing FAT not weight, if your endocrine system is funcitoning correctly and your diet and trianing are correct.

Amazon.com: Caffeine Blues: Wake Up to the Hidden Dangers of America's #1 Drug (9780446673914): Stephen Cherniske: Books

^^ Hmm interesting well look im in no way addicted to coffee i owned a cafe and had 1 coffee a week... but I drink it just socially atm for business etc but if you honestly think that 1 coffee a day is gonna effect or the pre workout every now and then, then Ill stop taking it all together as im in no way addicted to it or need to take it.