• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Preworkout Nutrition

Y-T

I fall down badly here.

On days where I do BJJ or MMA it's generally ok because I train so late I can have dinner an hour or so before, it's not ideal, but I get a decent feed in and can power through no worries. On Sundays lifting I usually go after breakfast which is ok again.

On lifting days I go after work at about 5:30pm. I go home, eat something, walk to the gym.

What should I be eating? Oats? Fruit? Glass of milk? All of the above? I've read different threads but still don't really grasp it: some people swear by a piece of fruit and others are all over a pre workout shake!

Currently I have 40-50g of oats and some milk. Is it worth investing in supplements?

Eat your normal meal 1-1.5 hours before training.

No need to complicate pre-workout nutrition.

Eat your normal meal 1-1.5 hours before training.

No need to complicate pre-workout nutrition.

^^ this.

Unless you are dieting, a regular meal consisting of 30-40g protein and carbs and about 10-20g good fats should see you covered for whatever u plan on doing to ur body.

Pre workout shakes can be handy if u don't have any food prepped and need to eat fast, but still try to time that meal about 1-1.5 hrs before u ht the weights. This way ur body will have had time to break down and assimilate some nutrients to fuel the workout

Agreed. And by having the meal 1.5hrs beforehand, you won't feel bloated and tired from eating that food by the time you get to the gym.

Yeah nah if does nothing for me... The boost in hormones are the only aspect that should be monitored.. For example cable cross over works your chest better then bb bench. Do we all ditch bb bench for cables? No...

In my opinion except for worrying about something straight after a workout pre workout is over rated.
Get your nutrition correct through the day, week, month and you should be fine