• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Preworkout

The weird thing is, apart from the usual tingles in the face from the beta alanine or whatever it is, I barely feel it? 3 scoops of Mesomorph used to nearly finish me off, haven't even come close to that feeling from the Bulk Nutrients product.

As I said, after this I will give the preworkout a rest for a few months, sucks though :(

This is all about dosage.
Mesomorph (like almost all pre workout products) contains very high levels of stimulants as for a given effect (at least stimulant effect) it is far far cheaper than using high amounts of amino acids.

While we could increase the inclusion rate of stimulants in pre workout nt, there are many people like Pistachio who feel it is already on the high side.

IMO, the balance is dosing it in a way where people can get an adequate stim effect while getting all the necessary amino acids which will help with workout performance, protein synthesis and recovery.

Having a huge dose of stims (which many other products provide) means you get a great short term benefit for workout performance but none of the other (in my opinion) more important benefits which will actually assist training long term.

For what it is worth, it may be worth you trying a higher dose of pre workout nt, many people who have a high tolerance to stism find a double dose ideal.

I should add too guys, we are now offering Pre Workout Nt in orange flavour.

If you didn't like the lime or would just prefer to change the flavour, I recommend the orange.
When testing it in the factory it was very popular.

Within 7 days we hope to be offering it in Raspberry flavour also.

I tried 30gm and still don't notice anything. Do the stims have minimal effect on some people??

I like the taste though.

I tried 30gm and still don't notice anything. Do the stims have minimal effect on some people??

I like the taste though.

Lol! I am yet to here of anyone with such a stimulant tolerance but Bazza, you are that guy. 30g which is 300g of caffeine and 75mg of pure dmaa is quite a dose indeed.

Do you drink a lot of coffee?
I know some people who do take a higher dose however even a double dose should mean some decent effects are realised.

I assume you do have the "Nt"version of the product and not the reguklar non stim version?

Lol! I am yet to here of anyone with such a stimulant tolerance but Bazza, you are that guy. 30g which is 300g of caffeine and 75mg of pure dmaa is quite a dose indeed.

Do you drink a lot of coffee?
I know some people who do take a higher dose however even a double dose should mean some decent effects are realised.

I assume you do have the "Nt"version of the product and not the reguklar non stim version?

Yeah I double checked to make sure it was the Nt one.

I don't have coffee but don't mind the odd Pepsi max.

Anyway like i said well done on the taste, the other flavors are probably even better.

I like the taste though.

:eek:I think I would actually have a heart attack if I had 30 grams of the stuff, 10gram does me plenty:)

Bioflex....

Started using the bulk nurients NT this week... I got it off you a month or two ago...

THUMBS UP!!!! Another great product.....

For my peice of mind it definitely feels better then Jack 3D... I use my Jack 3D scoop and will be dropping my dose cause this is definitely stronger then Jack 3d....

However I note you mention above that there are flavours... Have you always had flavours?

For the one I have..... The first time I had it... It tasted kinda stale with no real detectable flavour... This didn't bother me cause I figured if your buying wholesale... Then your buying results not flavour... So I mixed with my BN Vanilla WPC to cover it...

So should my batch have a flavour?????? Or is flavours something new????

Think I might PM you for some sample flavours on the other thread... Im eager to have one that taste ok...

may last batch ( lime ) the flavour dropped off a fair , bit over time, either used to it, it went stalish, or not mixed reall well..

I wouldnt have it with WPC added, defeates the purpose of quick absorbtion.

I also notice sometimes I feel very focused, and heaps of endurance, and other times I question wheather i have just had a glass of water...But other issues come into effect aswell, sleep, food, recovery etc.

Thank you Leigh. I don't see you attacking and I welcome any opposing views from mine. I’m not so arrogant as to say I know everything or even remotely close to what others better educated than I am do know. I, like you, am here to share my experience as well as learn from enthusiastic and polite people such as yourself Sir. So please don’t feel that you’d need to agree with me for us to get along, okay!

Here are two small articles I found interesting Leigh on both vitamin C as well as coffee (which may have something to do with insulin resistance). I think the problem occurs when people begin to isolate ingredients as opposed to using them as part of a bigger picture. After all, our food is made up of a myriad of chemicals all working/playing together like a wonderful and powerful symphony to enhance the effectiveness of each and every player.

Coffee May Promote Insulin Resistance

Vitamin C and the Connection to Diabetes and High Blood Pressure Essential Oils… more than basic Aromatherapy

Fadi.

No problems Fadi. Certainly not here to offend anyone, just to try and share what i have learned. i can see i will continue to learn from a number of posters on the board.

And in the interests of full disclosure... :) i read this study the other day. In health young athletes 500mg of vit c and 400IU vit e no negative impact on downstream exercise adaption processes.

Effect of antioxidant suppleme... [Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Still on the fence :)

Regards

LMR

I like the taste though.

i have just bought biocharge and took 2 servings (20g) for the past 2 days and have noticed the same effects as entering the gym without taking a preworkout (i sometime train without taking pre workout), whereas opposed to products i have used before such as hemorage and 1 m.r. which gave me a massive energy/pump boost. Do these brandname preworkouts really contain that much stims compared to biocharge?

i know that preworkouts should be more about supplying you with the amino acids you need however is there any other way i can get a little bit of a stimulating effect from biocharge as i usually go to the gym after an 11 hour shift work so im mostly fatigue/tired after my shift =/

my sleep have also been off lately as i get up 1-2 times in the middle of the night to urinate so this may play a role aswell but idk :(
also the only carbs that i get in before the gym throughout the day is half a cup of oats, banana and abit of low fat greek yoghurt which may also play a role in my tiredness/fatigue i guess
i usually head to the gym at 5pm

anyone care to have an input to help me with my situation?

Last edited:
i have just bought biocharge and took 2 servings (20g) for the past 2 days and have noticed the same effects as entering the gym without taking a preworkout (i sometime train without taking pre workout), whereas opposed to products i have used before such as hemorage and 1 m.r. which gave me a massive energy/pump boost. Do these brandname preworkouts really contain that much stims compared to biocharge?

i know that preworkouts should be more about supplying you with the amino acids you need however is there any other way i can get a little bit of a stimulating effect from biocharge as i usually go to the gym after an 11 hour shift work so im mostly fatigue/tired after my shift =/

my sleep have also been off lately as i get up 1-2 times in the middle of the night to urinate so this may play a role aswell but idk :(
also the only carbs that i get in before the gym throughout the day is half a cup of oats, banana and abit of low fat greek yoghurt which may also play a role in my tiredness/fatigue i guess
i usually head to the gym at 5pm

anyone care to have an input to help me with my situation?

Hi Mate,

I take preworkout for the stims... And no other reason....

I usually take it when I don't feel like training... To keep me going...

Anyway...

The key ingredient IMO is the 1,3 dimethylamylamine... (DMAA) Is taken from Gernium extract...

From what Ive been able to find... Jack 3D was the first to use DMAA... And this is probably why everyone raves about the effectiveness of Jack 3D...

Naturally all the other supplement companies have followed and now use DMAA in there preworkout... 1MR and Hemorage both have DMAA...

However most won't tell you how much of the active ingredients are in the mix...They call it something like a Proprietary Blend... (secret)

You could always try Bulk Nutrients... They tell you how much Caffeine and DMAA.... And its the same thing but a hell of a lot cheaper....

Also they sell pure DMAA... So you can have just the active ingredient...

The thing to know about DMAA is that it messes with your Central nervous system... Do some research on 1,3 dimethylamylamine and it will tell you all you want to know...

Note that Caffeine is the only other stim that is currently being used... So there your choices... Caffeine or DMAA or both..

Most products now have both...

Hi Mate,

I take preworkout for the stims... And no other reason....

I usually take it when I don't feel like training... To keep me going...

Anyway...

The key ingredient IMO is the 1,3 dimethylamylamine... (DMAA) Is taken from Gernium extract...

From what Ive been able to find... Jack 3D was the first to use DMAA... And this is probably why everyone raves about the effectiveness of Jack 3D...

Naturally all the other supplement companies have followed and now use DMAA in there preworkout... 1MR and Hemorage both have DMAA...

However most won't tell you how much of the active ingredients are in the mix...They call it something like a Proprietary Blend... (secret)

You could always try Bulk Nutrients... They tell you how much Caffeine and DMAA.... And its the same thing but a hell of a lot cheaper....

Also they sell pure DMAA... So you can have just the active ingredient...

The thing to know about DMAA is that it messes with your Central nervous system... Do some research on 1,3 dimethylamylamine and it will tell you all you want to know...

Note that Caffeine is the only other stim that is currently being used... So there your choices... Caffeine or DMAA or both..

Most products now have both...

Spot on, Nazzy.

John, if you are more concerned about the stimulant effect of a supp then I highly recommend you look at taking straight DMAA.

At Bulk Nutrients we sell 20g bags - which is a massive 800 serves for $59. Even if you double the dose and take 50mg the price per dose still ends up being less than 15 cents.
http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/stimulants-and-mental-support/1-3-dimethylamylamine-dmaa-5g

You can get smaller amounts too which work out to be a bit more expensive, but still extremely cheap compared to a pre workout product.

The amount of stims that other companies use in their blends is always up for debate. Though there is no way of telling (unless you are buddies with the boss I honestly don't think the reps would know) there have been reports of some having 300 - 400 mg of caffeine per serve.

How that is legal without the need to be displayed is a real concern. One of my thoughts too is that most would likely use much larger amounts of caffeine than DMAA. Even though the amount of caffeine in a supp is significantly higher than that of dmaa, with dmaa being 40X the cost of caffeine, it means that to save a few bucks they would use minimal dmaa and maximum caffeine.
In terms of side effects, caffeine has to be one of the worst supps for palipitations, increased nervousness and so on, so dosing up big here is not always ideal.