• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Preworkout

nobullsupplements

Site Advertiser
Good evening fellas,

Just a quick question on preworkouts - which preworkout do you find effective?

Tried jack3d for the first time today - to be honest, couldn't feel the slightest of differences.

What do you recommend from long-term experience? We're looking at developing a preworkout and want your opinion.

I am new to this, but tried Jacked3D a little while back and found no difference at all, it did nothing for me. I then doubled up on the recommended 5.5 gram dosage recommended and I did feel a bit of as rush, but nothing worth mentioning really.

Was worried about using that much the first few times due to all the warnings telling you not to take more than one serving with 24 hrs:confused:

Have also tried naNO Vapor by Muscletech, worked great, felt a big rush and felt unstoppable, but was a bit concerned about the affects and did not like the fact that the actual label does not really tell you what is in the serving.

See here: http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/15301-muscletech-nano-vapor.html

Good evening fellas,

Just a quick question on preworkouts - which preworkout do you find effective?

Tried jack3d for the first time today - to be honest, couldn't feel the slightest of differences.

What do you recommend from long-term experience? We're looking at developing a preworkout and want your opinion.
Although this has already been developed in the US, it would be good to do it here.

1. We need a product that has a carbohydrate to a protein ration of 4:1 or 3:1.

2. It has to be a simple carb with a high glycimic index.

3. It has to have some electrolytes.

4. It has to have some anti-oxidants

5. Its protein content has to be easily digested and assimilated, preferably WPI.

6. It has to taste good when mixed in water.

7. The above macro ratios are based on scientific facts. Please grab a hold of the book called Nutrient Timing by Dr. John Ivy and Dr.Robert Portman for all your info.

8. The above ratios are for pre/during/post. The only difference is in quantity.

Fadi.

1MR and mesomorph are great, the thing that i find annyoing is a high content of caffiene, which supresses the apetite, so i find it hard eating meals after taking those supplements, maybe add in something that would increase appetite? ide deff buy it!

Last edited:
Iam struggling to find a good pre-workout atm, dont know if its because my body has become really used to them or they are just not as strong as they say.

I need a buzz and its just not happening.

You'll catch me doin lines of speed off the gym toilet seat soon.

I've only tried 2 different pre-workouts. One was Nitrix. I took a double dose and all it did was make me feel light headed. Useless.

However, the second pre-workout I tried was AmiN.O Energy. This was great. People thought I was on speed and I pushed out a personal best on bench (10kg better than before) effortlessly.

image_35030_450_white.jpg

More info on it here: Optimum Essential AmiN.O. Energy at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Essential AmiN.O. Energy

Edit: Just noticed you said long term. I'll buy it soon and get back to you with long term results.

Last edited:
I've been using jacked for over a year now. I like it.

I am new to this, but tried Jacked3D a little while back and found no difference at all, it did nothing for me. I then doubled up on the recommended 5.5 gram dosage recommended and I did feel a bit of as rush, but nothing worth mentioning really.

Was worried about using that much the first few times due to all the warnings telling you not to take more than one serving with 24 hrs:confused:

Have also tried naNO Vapor by Muscletech, worked great, felt a big rush and felt unstoppable, but was a bit concerned about the affects and did not like the fact that the actual label does not really tell you what is in the serving.

See here: http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/15301-muscletech-nano-vapor.html
2-3 scoops of jacked in one serving is safe to take.

as for servings of jak3d i took 5 scoops and had no side effects but it still didnt do much for me. 1mr and mesomorph see too be great long term (no tolerance built up) but i find you need to drink stacks of water with them cause of the really high caffeine content around 300mg per a scoop

I've been using jacked for over a year now. I like it.

Tried Bulk Nutrients Pre Workout NT for the first time today, used recommended serving of 10gram better than Jacked3D by a long shot, also tastes better.

At about 1/4 the price you get more product as well.

Only just received my order this arvo on the way to training and tried it out straight away, will be using it a few times and see how it goes with longer term usage.

I think thats the point, I never had a buzz out of Jacked3D until I doubled the dosage, probably due to the low concentrations of the good stuff.

naNO vapor worked for me but way way too expensive for what you get, I get the same buzz out of BN pre workout (have only used it the first time today though so no long term feed back yet:))

I use two Jack3d scoops of the BN stuff, think it measures out to 6 grams worth and I feel it. Good stuff, and quarter of the price that Jack3d is.

New version is much better than the old clumping one

Just a note on the effects you get from our pre workout powder guys.

If you experience any "tingling" sensations then this would largely be from the beta alanine in there, the other main effect you will get will be a stimulant "hit" which comes from a combination of caffeine and DMAA.

I love how people call it Jack 3d :)

Jack3d has done Jack3 for me the last month. 1MR was decent, superpump was good too but expensive. Will try Mesomorph next!

Jack3d has done Jack3 for me the last month. 1MR was decent, superpump was good too but expensive. Will try Mesomorph next!

Why not try 'BN pre workout NT', next, its about 1/4 the price per serving and it works???:)

If you experience any "tingling" sensations then this would largely be from the beta alanine in there, the other main effect you will get will be a stimulant "hit" which comes from a combination of caffeine and DMAA.

Got both of those, does anyone actually know what is happening when you feel the tingling??

Last edited:
Why not try 'BN pre workout NT', next, its about 1/4 the price per serving and it works???:)

Got both of those, does anyone actually know what is happening when you feel the tingling??

Mick, there is a bit of information out there about this but it isn't exactly clear. the technical name for this feeling is "paraesthesia" and for someone not expecting it, it can be a little unpleasent.

One theory is that it - the beta alanine binds to nerve cells causing them to fire off, as these nerve cells are below the skins surface you feel it through the skin. It is about the most logical that I can see, however this definitely isn't gospel. It's been a while since I did much research on it but that was the accepted theory some time ago, may be worth a few google searches.

Thanks thats good enough for me for now.

In relation to the pre workout powder, should I be using it every time I work out??? Or would that deminish the affect of it???

Also should I use it on weight training days only, or does this stuff also work for cardio sessions???

I currently train weights three times per week, and do some sort of cardio training every other day as I am trying to increase my body fat % and increase my muscle mass %.

At this time I am thinking one 10gram serve prior to every weight training session only.

Last edited:

yeh mesomorph is great, you dont get super high like you do on 1mr, but gives you good endurance and intenisty and little to no comedown in comparison to 1mr