• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Preworkout

I'm interested why do so many people need stimulants to train. Cant you just go and lift weights.

I can't speak for anyone I else but I use them (notice I said USE not NEED) because they often make the difference between a good and great workout. I'm very sensitive to caffeine so I can have 1 serve on the way home and by the time I get home I'm bouncing off the walls and really rip in when I train whereas sometimes when I don't have any I more or less go through the motions.

Have you ever used any Bazza?

Yeah tried some a while ago can't remember what it was though.

Also tried caffeine before playing footy.

The whole idea of using supplements/stimulants fascinates me.

Exercise and staying healthy is my shangri la, it simple, it's invigorating and it can be free.

I'm interested why do so many people need stimulants to train. Cant you just go and lift weights.

You can, and I did in my early days.

It's a bit like heroin. You get hooked. We don't need to train with stims, but I definitely train harder. Healthwise, well, you'd be better off without them.

Preworkout stim is my vice. It primes me for a big workout. Right now i'm not using anything, you definitely need to take some time off, your tolerance builds very quickly.

The pre workout stims definitely help me lift heavy since I train early morning on an empty stomach.

Yeah they are real useful, too many people come dependent on them though and find they can't train without them.

I am using 1MR now, i like it (only used it 3-4 times so far) mesomorph did not do too much for me.

In the past i tried hemorage (threw it out, kept giving me cold symptoms), jacked, some other stuff.

I try to not take full serving amount and don't use it every 7th week.

The whole idea of using supplements/stimulants fascinates me.

Exercise and staying healthy is my shangri la, it simple, it's invigorating and it can be free.

What do you mean mate? - I think for alot of ppl weight training etc goes past just for health reasons...I think if your doing for only that your really only giving it half the effort you really could.

What do you mean mate? - I think for alot of ppl weight training etc goes past just for health reasons...I think if your doing for only that your really only giving it half the effort you really could.

So what your saying is, if someone is doing it for athletic or bodybuilding purposes they are not putting in the effort?

My wife is not doing it for any bodybuilding or athletic reasons, yet she trains harder than 99% of people I've seen train as well as being on point with her nutrition ( I wonder who did her diet? LOL).

I don't think some has to justify themselves in a 'competition' to show they are putting in the effort.

But your wife must do it to look good?

Im just talking those ppl who say yea i'll do it for health reasons and walk on the treadmil for 30 mins - that being 90% of ppl who exercise lol

I think though if you are trying to go that extra mile or go to an elite level it ends up not being a healthy thing for you.

But your wife must do it to look good?

Im just talking those ppl who say yea i'll do it for health reasons and walk on the treadmil for 30 mins - that being 90% of ppl who exercise lol

Yeah she looks great, but she does it because she enjoys living an active and healthy lifestyle. Before we met she was a runner, never done weights in her life. Now she only runs 2 times per week.

I do get what you are saying about the people who walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and expect to look a certain way, yet it requires more effort. But I think those people do want to look great but for the most part the do it for the perception of being 'healthy' to there peers etc. I saw it all the time when I did PT.

How many ppl do you really think get great results from the gym? (maybe this is a new thread lol) - I would say 3-5%.

Depends on what the qualification is for 'results'.

Anyone being active MORE often due to going to the gym will still get 'results' but if you are talking about body composition results only, I'd say 10% tops.

How many ppl do you really think get great results from the gym? (maybe this is a new thread lol) - I would say 3-5%.

I agree stuff all people get noticeable results let alone great results from going to the gym.

But I would bet a lot of money that pre workout stimulants have nothing to do with the results that those people get.

I don't get it. Why the need to get dosed up on stimulants to train. If you cant lift the weight it's not because you only popped 4 no doz and should have had 8 it's because your not strong enough.