• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Preworkout

I agree stuff all people get noticeable results let alone great results from going to the gym.

But I would bet a lot of money that pre workout stimulants have nothing to do with the results that those people get.

I don't get it. Why the need to get dosed up on stimulants to train. If you cant lift the weight it's not because you only popped 4 no doz and should have had 8 it's because your not strong enough.

I use pre-workouts because they make me train hard - simple as that - I can train without them but for me when I train I wanna be totally in another place and purely thinking about training....alot of the time if I dont have that mental stimulation my mind will drift and if thats even for 1-2 sets thats 1-2 sets I have wasted.

Intensity is the biggest thing when training - not the weight lifted or how long you train for or what program you do - its all about intensity and for the 45 mins, hour, hour n half your in the gym your mind needs to be focused.

Thats a huge factor why not many ppl get results from the gym - they go in, go through the motions and then leave.

Get on the Tiesto during training, it takes you to another place...... I think I'm in Ibiza most of the time at the gym..... LOL

Mate believe me I do - mix a good pre-workout with some Tiesto - head back, eyes closed let the reps happen lol

I use pre-workouts because they make me train hard - simple as that - I can train without them but for me when I train I wanna be totally in another place and purely thinking about training....alot of the time if I dont have that mental stimulation my mind will drift and if thats even for 1-2 sets thats 1-2 sets I have wasted.

Intensity is the biggest thing when training - not the weight lifted or how long you train for or what program you do - its all about intensity and for the 45 mins, hour, hour n half your in the gym your mind needs to be focused.

Thats a huge factor why not many ppl get results from the gym - they go in, go through the motions and then leave.

Lol. Ok. I always have a laugh when bodybuilder types talk about focus and all that shit when lifting.

I know as I get stronger I get bigger. Simple as that. I go in lift the weight. If I set a PB I got stronger if I don't I haven't got stronger. Pretty simple.

I like to zone out between sets. The less I think about the lifting the better I lift. Same when I play footy. What the hell do I need to focus on. I know how to lift the weight, why waste energy focusing on something so simple. I like to save my energy for the actual lifting.

I guess im different to most here.

Lol. Ok. I always have a laugh when bodybuilder types talk about focus and all that shit when lifting.

I know as I get stronger I get bigger. Simple as that. I go in lift the weight. If I set a PB I got stronger if I don't I haven't got stronger. Pretty simple.

I like to zone out between sets. The less I think about the lifting the better I lift. Same when I play footy. What the hell do I need to focus on. I know how to lift the weight, why waste energy focusing on something so simple. I like to save my energy for the actual lifting.

I guess im different to most here.

Its not just bodybuilding mate - powerlifters,oly lifters etc etc do it also.

I used to train with Matty Middleton one of Aus's best powerlifters and his training intensity was insane (blew me outa the water)....and he was training purely to get stronger.

Its not just bodybuilding mate - powerlifters,oly lifters etc etc do it also.

I used to train with Matty Middleton one of Aus's best powerlifters and his training intensity was insane (blew me outa the water)....and he was training purely to get stronger.

Read up how O lifters train. They try and stay calm as possible for training lifts as getting all psyched up before a lift takes a lot longer to recover from. Staying calm allows them to train at greater frequency and volume and get stronger quicker.

You can train hard without jacking yourself full of stimulants and screaming and yelling like a fucking tosser before you lift.

Read up how O lifters train. They try and stay calm as possible for training lifts as getting all psyched up before a lift takes a lot longer to recover from. Staying calm allows them to train at greater frequency and volume and get stronger quicker.

You can train hard without jacking yourself full of stimulants and screaming and yelling like a fucking tosser before you lift.

What do you train for Bazza? - off topic lol

Stims are good on cold mornings when you really can't be fked going to the gym. I have some caffeine pills that I take when I first wake up so I literally can't go back to sleep. Only do this once or twice a month though when it's pissing down with rain or freezing cold.

i find they make me depressed afterwards though...

Bazza20 you seem to bag out alot of stuff on here without much input mate. I did the same too but being a keyboard warrior ain't tough! add something!

I didn't believe in Pre-workout shit till i tried Pre-workout Nt and Biocharge, kick ass and I don't scream like a tosser in the gym, sure Joel doesn't either mate.

Haha, had my Pre workout NT today, as well as my BCAA's.....and I did scream on my last two reps of my military press.....and my kids looked at me a bit funny, but it worked, got those last two reps out:)

Not sure it was like a tosser though:confused::D

As soon as I take my pre-workout I will run around the gym naked screaming liiiiight weeeeeeight baby before each set.

Is this normal?

As soon as I take my pre-workout I will run around the gym naked screaming liiiiight weeeeeeight baby before each set.

Is this normal?

Well it maybe normal depending on where the Gym is located. Good one Joel hahahaha

Well it maybe normal depending on where the Gym is located. Good one Joel hahahaha

How refreshing to see humor being used instead of getting all defensive and kunty.

Not directed at J, it's shows in general a person has less issues and lack of confidence about ones training methods.

One thing that keeps a forum humming and constructive, is the acceptance of differing ideas and methods.

One thing that eats away at the integrity of a forum is people hanging on to one method as though it's the only way, tribal mentality.
Should be just limited to footy.

Is there a review on here somewhere for the Bulk Nutrients Pre Workout Powder?

PRE WORKOUT POWDER NT - 250G

I'm interested to hear people's experiences using it.

I have used it twice now

tastes good, and easy to drink

now rush or tingles, I just seemed relaxed and focused, determined?

I take the recomended dose, plus 5g creatine mono, and 10g dextrose, go strait to gym. ~ 10minutes away.

Both times i have used it I have hit a PB or at least equaled best lifts in squat and deadlift, no noticable difference on bench strength wise

biggest effect i found was i wanted to just keep training even after 2 hours...

Bulk nutrients NT is almost perfect for me. If it had Kre-Alkalyn instead of tri-creatine malate, double the dose of geranium, no caffeine, and 25mg of dymethylamylamine it would be the same as what I take.