• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Processed foods?

John555

Banned
Sorry but I'm a bit rusty on nutrition.

Are any of the following processed foods?

potatoes
white rice
skim milk
baked beans
sausages
pasta

I live in a form, so aside vegies, I do not know what else is healthy to eat. They serve meat, but this is usually so heavily covered in unhealthy sauces such as hollandaise and pepper sauce that I may as well eat Maccas.
For someone who will do a lot of high intensity running for conditioning along with weightlifting 3x week, is it OK to eat any of these foods while cutting from 11%bf to say... 8%?

I find going high protein, low carbs really affect my workouts.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm a bit rusty on nutrition.

Are any of the following processed foods?

potatoes
white rice
skim milk
baked beans
sausages
pasta

I live in a form, so aside vegies, I do not know what else is healthy to eat. They serve meat, but this is usually so heavily covered in unhealthy sauces such as hollandaise and pepper sauce that I may as well eat Maccas.
For someone who will do a lot of high intensity running for conditioning along with weightlifting 3x week, is it OK to eat any of these foods while cutting from 11%bf to say... 8%?

I find going high protein, low carbs really affect my workouts.

Thanks everyone in advance.

To the first question first:

potatoes......natural
white rice.....processed
skim milk......processed
baked beans.....natural
sausages.........usually processed
pasta.............processed

To your second question: yes it is okay to eat these foods if you don't mind eating some processed foods. And losing weight/fat, my first place of preference is to look at your RPMs, i.e. how fast is your metabolism? We can only eat so much or not eat so much. There are people who are starving themselves and are still having a hard time losing weight (relatively speaking). Each time you drop your calories your body will drop its RPMs to compensate and keep that homeostasis going. If you want to lose fat, think exercise and let your body take care of the rest. Now when you stop loosing weight and fat and hit a wall, then you can bring your calories down by (say) 200 calories and so on until you reach your desired weight. It's a lot easier than starving/depriving yourself and loosing energy and good mood. Yes, your mood will suffer and to me, a good mood is the father to positive attitude.

There are other ways to lose weight, but this is my favourite way since I'm not crazy about cutting down on my energy levels which serve to maintain my exercise level which serves to raise my RPM level...

PS: I'll let others discuss food choices with you.

All the best to you John.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Fadi! Its surprising to find skim milk is processed :eek:
But then again, I had suspected it was, since its ingredients are usually water, milk solids, something else.

Would whole fat milk be considered natural?

And yes, I absolutely agree with you on the rpm thing.

Thank you so much Fadi! Its surprising to find skim milk is processed :eek:
But then again, I had suspected it was, since its ingredients are usually water, milk solids, something else.

Would whole fat milk be considered natural?

And yes, I absolutely agree with you on the rpm thing.

Unless the milk is raw it is processed...

Any processing done to milk takes away from its nutritional content. Homogonisation adds another factorin regards to fat digestion. So if you cant find someone selling raw milk then bu unhomognised.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unless the milk is raw it is processed...

Any processing done to milk takes away from its nutritional content. Homogonisation adds another factorin regards to fat digestion. So if you cant find someone selling raw milk then bu unhomognised.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good god I don't think unhomogenised milk is even legal in Australia? A friend of mine from Europe says the milk he drank over there tasted 100x better than the milk we get here. He lived on a farm in EU.

Thanks for the info, this is really interesting stuff.

Good god I don't think unhomogenised milk is even legal in Australia? A friend of mine from Europe says the milk he drank over there tasted 100x better than the milk we get here. He lived on a farm in EU.

Thanks for the info, this is really interesting stuff.

You can buy unhomoginised milk from wollies coles.. It comes in 1l cartons.

Raw milk you wont find in stores because it will kill you... Not like our grandparents didnt drink fresh milk daily... Morons.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good god I don't think unhomogenised milk is even legal in Australia?

Here it is John:
ParmalatMilk.jpg

I presume you were thinking of unpasteurised, and you would be right Sir, it is illegal to sell in market due to possibly harmful bacteria (according to the government).

Fadi.