• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw/ProGear

PTC

I'm going to really step up promotion of ProRaw now. I want to double the prizemoney for ProRawTwo

First off, I am speaking to some overseas lifters. I will organize a seminar for them to help with their travel expenses. These guys are Elite, really elite.

Dates is the biggest issue. Once its sorted and they agree, I'll name them.

Secondly, I have been thinking that ProRaw should be everything to everyone.

Powerlifting will always have those that like to lift raw, and those that like gear. Its never going to change. John Sheridan loves his equipment. To his credit, he took his gear off and trained then competed raw. I was very impressed with his attitude. Very few lifters go the other way.

Now we have Daniel Anderson on board. He too wants to experiment with multi ply gear, having only ever competed in single ply previously

There will be a ProGearOne comp held in 2012. Depending on the success, there may be two.

There will also be a Genuine Strongman event, no barbells.

I had gone quiet on ProRaw for the past 2 weeks. We were looking at doing something else, going a different way. I was having talks, but in the end, It didnt feel right, and sounding out Nathan and a few others I trust, they told me I should finish what I started.

I'm not ruling out anything in the future, but for now, its full steam ahead.

ProRaw will be everything for everyone, to the best of my ability.

I may even bend over and take it up the ass, by having, God forbid, a bench comp. If I do, it will be unique in that NO ONE has ever done one like this.

Thank you for reading

I forgot to add. For over 20 years I have been watching Powerlifting videos or DVD's of comps. We love them because of the content. The presentation and quality is always crap, but we watch them.

No longer.

Ben filmed ProRawOne, and has spent time editing and producing it. The footage we saw last night was unbelievable. He was quite shocked by our reaction, as he said it was simple basic stuff he did in a couple of weeks. I explained that we have never seen anything like that before. Everyone that watched it was blown away. He laughed.

It will be sent out to ALL the guys that competed at ProRawOne as a gesture from Ben. It will be available for sale through him, details later. It goes for 90 minutes, captures every lift, lifters name, weight, lift attempted, fail or pass. It even has Nathans "special" bench attempt of 200kg.

He has warm up room footage as well, it really is top stuff

He is doing a movie length feature on PPP/PTC. I'm not sure about what he's doing, but he's blown away by the story of Max, from garage to worlds. He said it will take 6-12 months. Him and another guy are looking at selling it world wide

Awesome news Markos. I will definitely be up for both Raw and Gear. I think first on the agenda should be getting Fat Dave into a suit. Watching his face in knee wraps was gold, I can only imagine the comedy that would ensue in a suit.

Keep up the hard work mate.
SFW

Fat Dave has gone. Havent seen him for nearly 4 weeks.

He messaged me 2 weeks ago to apologize, said he was coming in that night, still havent seen him

Am behind it all 100%

If you get some promo posters for upcoming comps send them up here, I can get them up in a few gyms in sydney.

And would be dead keen for the seminars if you got them happening also.

Cheers

I'm going to really step up promotion of ProRaw now. I want to double the prizemoney for ProRawTwo

First off, I am speaking to some overseas lifters. I will organize a seminar for them to help with their travel expenses. These guys are Elite, really elite.

You bring andrey malanichev and I will literally shit my pants

Fat Dave has gone. Havent seen him for nearly 4 weeks.

He messaged me 2 weeks ago to apologize, said he was coming in that night, still havent seen him
If funds are the problem I'll sponser his training [ 3 sessions /wk ] till the State titles. He needs to lift so that I dont come dead last!

150/87,5/202.5

ProGearOne- will this be single or multiply?
I have always thought the perfect fed would offer raw, single ply and unlimited divisions.

The problem with having raw, single ply and multi ply (haha multiply) is that you have less competition which is the reason Markos started Proraw (I think).

Adding equipped comps creates the problem that you either have too many comps and are suddenly competing with other fed's or are splitting your lifters in half by having both equipped and raw comps at the same time. Another thing is that people already get the chance to compete in multiply comps with CAPO and, seeing as they have the chance to break records, that's where people will go if they have no chance of taking home money.

Having said all this I think that if you had single ply comps at the same time as the raw ones and worked around the CAPO comps they would be VERY popular.

Also I remember you asking about prizes and making Proraw a grand prix. I might be a bit late/in the wrong thread but I like the idea of having one winner at the end of each year who takes home a lot of money. I think this will add to the competition as a lifter might be the best in their weight class by far but will still need to push themselves to beat lifters from other weight classes on Glossbrenner total after three comps.

Just my thoughts...

ProGearOne- will this be single or multiply?
I have always thought the perfect fed would offer raw, single ply and unlimited divisions.

SPF in the States does that. Mark Bell and the crew at SuperTraining have run a couple of 3-in-1 meets with great success. Don't think there is the market for it here though.

Here is a teaser.

Everything for everyone

I had a similar idea. I got a few ideas on rules as well. Rule 1 you need a sling shot. Rule 2 you must put the sling shot on, on the platform by yourself in front if the judges. Rule 3 you CAN NOT use a knock off... As I'm sure some cheap ass sob will be doing soon enough.

I'd like to be there. Maybe I can do a seminar to help finance a trip.

Mark Bell

This is not the 3 guys I was talking about for ProRawTwo, this is a ProRaw bench comp with SlingShot

Here is a teaser.

Everything for everyone

I had a similar idea. I got a few ideas on rules as well. Rule 1 you need a sling shot. Rule 2 you must put the sling shot on, on the platform by yourself in front if the judges. Rule 3 you CAN NOT use a knock off... As I'm sure some cheap ass sob will be doing soon enough.

I'd like to be there. Maybe I can do a seminar to help finance a trip.

Mark Bell

This is not the 3 guys I was talking about for ProRawTwo, this is a ProRaw bench comp with SlingShot

That would be freaking awesome!