• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein and a Fast Digesting Carb post workout?

staunch308

I have always taken WPC mixed with water directly after training, if im having dinner il have about a third of it, then go eat dinner 10 or so minutes later and finish off the rest of the shake an hour later.

seems like common sense to me that if i were to add a fast acting carb such as dextrose (what woudl be the best carb in this situation)? it would create an insulin spike which would absorb the protein into my blood stream to my muscles after workout?

read a thread by Fadi and it ticked in my head about insulin being both anabolic and fat storing, this would be making use of its anabolic properties right?

Dude no need to major in the minor shit.

Just eat, lift, sleep. Eat some carbs post workout. Keep it simple!!!

What you should worry about is getting stronger, sleeping and staying injury free.

You only have 15 mins after your workout to have protein otherwise it was just a waste of a work out.

I have always taken WPC mixed with water directly after training, if im having dinner il have about a third of it, then go eat dinner 10 or so minutes later and finish off the rest of the shake an hour later.

seems like common sense to me that if i were to add a fast acting carb such as dextrose (what woudl be the best carb in this situation)? it would create an insulin spike which would absorb the protein into my blood stream to my muscles after workout?

read a thread by Fadi and it ticked in my head about insulin being both anabolic and fat storing, this would be making use of its anabolic properties right?
have the carb shake after workout (all of it) wait 30-45 mins and then eat.

Don't make things too difficult,